Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Batch Update Multiple Choice Question Options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NixTheNext
    NixTheNext
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    1 pt
    @NixTheNext

I need to update the options in a TON of multiple choice questions (set as drop-downs) – they should all have the same options, but almost every one needs to change. Is there a way to change multiple questions at once in Lectora 16 (csv import/export options are more limited)?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of NixTheNext NixTheNext . Reason: typos
    #343319 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    75 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Hi Nix, depends a bit on how your Lectora file is setup, and what the changes are. For sure there are ways to speed up this process…  If you attach a sample with several ( not TONS please, but a representable amount ) of questions and let me know the changes you need, i can check whether the approach i got in mind works. And if, will describe it in detail.

#343329 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    216 pts
    @timk

If the options are the same for all questions and you want to change the options in the exact same way, you could just open the AWT in an editor and find and replace the text.

#343410 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    75 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Tim reads my mind….. the .awt is nothing more then a xml like file you can open in any texteditor. If you know what to change and where, thats the quickest way…make sure though to keep copies of the originals, cause an error is easy to make and then it can get tricky.

#343412 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    216 pts
    @timk

The choices of questions are in their own tags, no rtf-formatting. It should be possible to find “The old options text” and replace with “The new text”, “Replace all” and it’s done in seconds. Or better replace “<choicetext>The old text” with “<choicetext>The new text” in case the options text occurs somewhere else in the course.  This won’t help if the questions text shall be changed and that would be more difficult as it’s <rtf>

#343556 Score: 0
    Profile photo of NixTheNext
    NixTheNext
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    1 pt
    @NixTheNext

Thank you very much, that saved a lot of time in changing existing selections to new verbiage!

…but it doesn’t seem to work for adding new selections, which I now need to do :/… I can’t figure out why, any thoughts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.