Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Suggestions Captivate-like options for TOC (especially the unlocking page-link only after viewed)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CandaceID
    CandaceID
    beginner
    intermediate
    2 pts
    @CandaceID

It is SO nice having the ability to easily limit learner to view pages in order (and not missing any pages), but still allow/encourage them to review previous pages or sections of a course. In Captivate, I can keep the SME happy and the Learner happy because once they have done a quit run through the pages, they are free to bump around forward and backward easily.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #348177 Score: 1
    Profile photo of kirkisbetter
    kirkisbetter
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @kirkisbetter

I agree with this suggestion.  I do use a course menu that shows each chapter (with status indicators) to indicate which entire chapters have been completed, but I too would like the flexibility of the TOC only allowing the student to jump to visited pages.  Many of my courses need to be taken in a linear fashion, so I don’t end up showing the TOC until the student has completed all chapters. Having the feature of being able to jump to any visited page (but not ahead) would really be helpful.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #349618 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Daryl Fleary
    Daryl Fleary
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    verified member
    16 pts
    @dfleary

All:

This is a really good and often requested improvement.  Adding “prerequisite” functionality to the TOC and Menu objects is currently on our list of planned enhancements for upcoming releases of Lectora and Lectora Online later this year.

In the meanwhile, my colleague Wendy Miller posted a great sample that demonstrates how you can use Lectora/Lectora Online’s current status tracking functionality to require prerequisite portions of a title to be completed before accessing other areas of the title. You can check it out here: http://community.trivantis.com/?s=prerequisite&post_types=shared-content

Daryl

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Daryl Fleary Daryl Fleary.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.