Still no luck with both my desktop and laptop here at work – it’s either a network issue or a browser config issue. I’ll try at home tonight and see what’s going on. For what it’s worth, I had that extra semi-colon in as a just in case that was the issue. I’ll yank it out of there on the buttons. Thanks again!
Still no luck. I’ve tried both laptop and desktop at work and laptop at home. Updated Flash on the home computer and still get the spin. I uploaded the course to a web hosting site and still it fails. This is the template I’m using for the courses I’m working on (the autostart selections aren’t configured yet).
I’m totally stumped and wondering if it’s time for a support ticket.
What v16 are you using? Do you have all the updates? Did you try to put the video’s in a separate lesson without anything but the player? Also, I recommend Freemake Video Converter. It is a free tool that has never failed me. If you decide to give it a spin just go slow installing it and read everything carefully because its free it wants to install other apps. You can select not to install them all.
Okay, its the way they are encoded. The lesson ran in every browser but Firefox. I downloaded the file and tried to open it directly with FF, no joy. I re-encoded using the app I suggested above (selected mp4 even though its already an mp4) and the re-encoded file plays perfectly in FF. I’ll attach it here. Please load it onto the server in place of the one that’s there now (rename it as I changed the name) and see if it works.
Testing it solo was my plan for this morning, as I was leaning in the direction of it being an issue with the video. It’s unfortunate that I don’t have more direct control over the audio player settings – the file sizes would be much smaller than the method I’m using now.
Unfortunately, “free versions” and “government” don’t go well together. I tried to convince them to let me use Balabolka for our text to speech and got pushback because it was free. I’m going to try going with the standard production settings in Camtasia and see if that makes a difference. I had reduced a number of the quality settings to try and reduce the file size, so let me see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I have Premier as well and go that route if necessary.