Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions 'Copy/Paste Style/Effects' Functionality

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @_

I have a couple of minor UI/UX suggestions!

I’m often applying styles (strokes, fills, opacities) and effects (shadows) to a lot of objects within my courses. Rather than have to manually apply these settings, it would be awesome if I could right-click an object and copy/paste the style or effects – similar to how Photoshop handles copy/pasting of Layer Styles (see attached screenshot).

Also in the Shadow Options box it would be great if tabbing to the next parameter highlighted the current value in each box, so I can quickly tab through and punch in new values over the top. Currently it adds characters in front of the default value of 0, so if I want a 5px blur I press ‘5’ but it comes out as ’50’.

#377160 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Matthew Mallimo
    Matthew Mallimo
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mmallimo7819

Hi Cam,

Thank you for the great suggestions. We will definitely consider the ability copy/paste effects to different objects in the future. As for your second suggestion, I went in and improved the tabbing in that dialog so that it will highlight the entire box rather than place the cursor at the beginning.  Be on the look out for the improvement in our next release!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #377163 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    30 pts
    @JasonADal

One temporary suggestion might be to Save as Library Object if you have frequently used styles on an object. I use these for quite a few buttons that I use regularly throughout my courses and can then drag and drop or double-click to add.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #377215 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @_

@mmallimo7819 – Thanks Matthew, tremendous! There are a couple of other tiny UX things like this but I can’t remember where off the top of my head… when I track them down I’ll submit another request.

@jasonadal – Great suggestion Jason, I’ll admit to not making use of the Library as much as I should!

Thanks both,

Cam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.