Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Customized Results Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chad_Oglesbay
    Chad_Oglesbay
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @Chad_Oglesbay

Good afternoon everyone. We created a course at our hospital where nurses go through a random test and have to answer what type of heart rhythm it is. It all works wonderfully but I’m wanting to take it up a notch. Right now, at the end of the test they pass through to a specific “pass” and “fail” page that checks if they missed any “lethal” heart rhythms. Basically if they pass the test with an 80% but get a lethal wrong, they don’t pass the test. So if they fail the test, with lethal or not, they are taken to their score pace and I would like to add a “Results” button, that when they click on it it opens up a new page that shows what rhythm they got wrong that they can print to show their clinical educator.

So we’ve tried the “results” page, even the customized version, but it doesn’t seem like we can make the test to bypass the default results page and only come up when we click a button? Does anyone have any ideas on if this is possible?

We’ve started thinking through if we could create new variable placeholders to keep track of that information but since it would be randomized we’re not sure how we could cleanly show all that on one page. Any help that you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Chad Oglesbay
    Saint Luke’s Health System
    Kansas City, MO

#348653 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deron Warman
    Deron Warman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    picture perfect
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    verified member
    2 pts
    @DWarman

Hello Chad…your questions already have a variable so I don’t think I would create a new variable for what was missed.  You can call those variables (questions) with an action on your results page (not the customized results as that could get pretty cluttered) and have it display for the student.  You can add additional results pages to present just one question per page, or you could add them all to one page (depending on how many I might add a page for each question since you could include content for the student to review).

Adding a results page for each question would allow you to use an action at the top level of a results chapter and let the student’s responses determine which pages show or are available to the student to review.  The action would be on show>show if variable (questionX) is wrong, else go to next page. You would need to create a results page for each question, but only those missed would show for the student.

Once they review/see results you could redirect them to the test again, a new test, or like you said, a print button on each page so they can review with their clinical educator.

Deron

#348658 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Chad_Oglesbay
    Chad_Oglesbay
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @Chad_Oglesbay

Deron, thank you for your reply. In my mind, all I was thinking the result page would be would be something like this:

<hr />

Missed Strips:

Question: Accelerate Junctional   Answered: Ventricular Tachycardia

Question: Junctional Tachycardia    Answered: Idioventricular Rhythm

<hr />

I don’t want to show all the images and explanations again for I want them to take this sheet back to their educators so they know what to focus on. I really like your idea with the variable, show if wrong, but not sure how I could use that on one page. There are 57 total pages on the test but we randomly pick 25. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Chad

#348701 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Deron Warman
    Deron Warman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    picture perfect
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    verified member
    2 pts
    @DWarman

Chad…I did quick course with 10 questions, you can expand to meet your needs.  Basically, the results page is pulling the answer from each question and displaying whether correct or incorrect (green check or red X) and showing the answer selected for a question.

Depending on your answers (one word or lots of words) this might work.  Set the font size in the results page and I think you get 20+ answers here (if not more than a few words).  Move the X or check mark around to suit your preference.

That’s my thoughts on how I explained it…would need to see the course to see all the items and how to build it out and such but a decent start like this might help?

Deron

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Attachments:
    1. Title-23.zip
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.