Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Differences in Browers causing major issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #382299 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhonda Catalino
    Rhonda Catalino
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    @rcatalino1763

    Several months ago my Company went to Internet Explorer 11 and that’s when our issues really started compiling.  If we put a course in CourseMill it automatically loads in IE through CourseMill so I always make sure the modules are IE friendly.  (For example, no mp files, etc.) However, sometimes we house the courses on a internal ftp depending on what we are using it for. For some reason once the update hit it started causing images to not appear correctly, tests are doing weird things, and the text is sometimes scattered in various places or don’t show up at all.  The even weirder thing is that it seems to primarily happen with the courses that are housed in CourseMill vs. our ftp. Has anyone else had that issue?

    Also, because we have a vast audience we can’t always control which browser people might use when they open a course off our internal platform.  If I build a course that has wmv files in it, Chrome won’t play it because it automatically looks for mp files. Is there a way to make a course recognize which browser it has been opened in, and automatically adjust itself according?

     

     

    #382549 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @_

    This is a constant struggle for me and I’ve found there’s no way around it other than test, test, test…

    For each course I create, I test across a bunch of browsers (IE11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and go through the entire course to ensure everything is working correctly.

    I’ve also found that some live environments (web server via FTP as well as LMS) often disallow certain filetypes which can play havoc with embedded media in courses.

    The rendering issues you describe (elements not appearing correctly) usually only happen for me in older versions of IE – however, local IT policy can be set up to force IE11 to display in Compatibility View, meaning that while you’re using IE11 it could be displaying content in IE10/9/8/7/5 mode which don’t support a lot of elements! Worth checking with your IT department or LMS vendor to see if this is the case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.