Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Drag and Drop Activity not working in IE10/11

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lgalaviz@awardsolutions.com
    lgalaviz@awardsolutions.com
    beginner
    intermediate
    @lgalaviz@awardsolutions.com

We send our courses via SCORM packages to multiple clients who host them on their own LMS. Trivantis Support told me I have to republish all our courses in Lectora V11.3.2 in order for the drag and drop exercises to work in IE10. This is a huge undertaking. I need to know if there is an easier solution.

#288144 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    337 pts
    @ssneg

You can use lectora.exe with command prompt options to batch publish courses.

#288143 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    186 pts
    @timk

You should start testing with one course. If I publish my trainings to scorm with L 11.3.2 and upload them to moodle, Drag and Drop activities won’t work in IE 10.

Tim

#296167 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cbrevig
    cbrevig
    beginner
    intermediate
    @cbrevig

I am having the same issue with my drag and drops suddenly not functioning in IE10. I tried republishing the course with L11.3.2, but it didn’t resolve the issue. Has anyone found any other workarounds?

#296552 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jani Sipola
    Jani Sipola
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    @ummakumma

function dragMouseDown(e) {
    if ((e.which && e.which!=1) || (is.ie && event.button!=1)) return true;
    var x = (e.pageX)? e.pageX : event.x+document.body.scrollLeft;
    var y = (e.pageY)? e.pageY : event.y+document.body.scrollTop;
    if (dragMgr && dragMgr.mouseDown(x,y,e)) return false;
    else return DynMouseDown(x,y);
    }
    function dragMouseMove(e) {
    if (dragMgr && dragMgr.mouseMove(x,y)) return false;
    else return DynMouseMove(x,y);
    }
    function dragMouseUp(e) {
    if (dragMgr && dragMgr.mouseUp(x,y)) return false;
    else return DynMouseUp(x,y);
    }

Put that script on that page as HTML Extension as Header Scripting. Then IE10 with moodle should be fine. Issue is that the drag and drop doesn´t work in IE8 after that. So if you need to put some javascript redirection for IE8 browsers.

#299791 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim Pollock
    Tim Pollock
    @tpollock3848

I’m having the same issue with drag-and-drop questions in IE10/11 with our SAP learning management system.  They do work perfectly in SCORM Cloud and when published to HTML and posted to a webserver.  The drag-and-drop questions also work through the SAP LMS when accessed through IE9.

I added the HTML Extension fix suggested by Jani to the drag-and-drop pages, published in Lectora Publisher 12.1.3 to SCORM 1.2, and uploaded the SCORM package to our SAP LMS, but the drag-and-drop questions still aren’t working.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

Tim

#299831 Score: 0
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous @

We am having a very similar issue.  We use SAP LMS and have the drag and drop issue as well.  But strangely we have several drag & drops in one course and only one does not work under IE10 and IE11.  However all the drag and drops work under chrome.  So my question is how do I work out why one drag and drop does not work and the other one does – in the same course.

Outside of our LMS the drag and drops work perfectly in IE10 and IE11

thanks

Chris

#300410 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim Pollock
    Tim Pollock
    @tpollock3848

Our drag-and-drop questions are also working perfectly in Chrome, but all of our drag-and-drops are failing in IE.  I’m really interested that some of your drag-and-drops are working and others are not.  Can you see any common denominators in the drag-and-drops that are working in IE?

Thanks!

#300413 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    98 pts
    @jvalley4735

I’m not too good at coding so I don’t know if this will help but I found this article while poking around the internet https://blog.frogslayer.com/using-html5-drag-and-drop-in-ie8/

#300797 Score: 0
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous @

We seem to have found a solution to the drag and drop issue when using SAP Content Player.  A SAP java programmer came up with this solution to fix the Drag and drop for IE10.  We have only tested on one simple course at the moment but it works so far.  Hope this helps.

Make this change in the Trivantis-drag.js file.

Below is the code in bold which is the only change.

function dragMouseDown(e) {

if ((is.ns && e.which!=1) || (is.ie && event.button!=1)) return true

var x = (is.ns)? e.pageX : event.x+(document.documentElement?document.documentElement.scrollLeft:document.body.scrollLeft)

var y = (is.ns)? e.pageY : event.y+(document.documentElement?document.documentElement.scrollTop:document.body.scrollTop)

if (e === undefined )

{

y = y + 25;

}

if (dragMgr && dragMgr.mouseDown(x,y,e)) return false

else return DynMouseDown(x,y)

}

#300801 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Elena Urbanova
    Elena Urbanova
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    3 pts
    @eurbanova3379

This sounds interesting. Could your java programmer, please, briefly explain why this should help? It might help us to resolve another problem we have with Lectora courses in SAP running on IE11.

#300871 Score: 0
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous @

It took us 3 months to convince SAP that the issue was caused by their Content Player.  The course worked perfectly outside the CP.  We stored the course files in SAP KM and could run it directly from SAP KM (not via the CP) and we had no issue with Drag & Drop.

Below is part of SAP’s response re why the changes are necessary:
    =====================
    I debugged the issue in chrome as well as internet explorer and found that in chrome the event is initialized but in internet explorer the event remains undefined in newer versions.
    Because of which the co-ordinate value of “y” differs. To fix this issue I have added two lines in this file. This will
    resolve the drag and drop issue.
    I have attached the trivantis-drag.js file inside trivantis-drag.zip in this incident.
    Kindly replace this file with the existing file and then republish the course and check the issue.
    =====================

Hope this helps

#300905 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Elena Urbanova
    Elena Urbanova
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    3 pts
    @eurbanova3379

So far it doesn’t look directly similar to the other problem (http://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/some-of-the-persistent-data-was-not-able-to-be-stored-error-in-sap/), but we will try your way to resolve drag and drop problem and hopefully we find a solution for the other one soon. Thank you.

#300968 Score: 0
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous @

An update on the drag and drop fix.  It seems the fix only works for images.  Drag and drop still does not work for dragable text boxes etc.  Our LMS person is going to convert all dragable items to images.  I have sent the testing results back to SAP.

#300980 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Trivantis Support
    Trivantis Support
    friend finder
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    junior moderator
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    wise owl
    curious george
    18 pts
    @Support

In IE10 or IE11, does your LMS push the browser into Compatibility Mode? When you bring up the Developer Tools (F12), does the Document Mode on the Emulation tab read “Edge (Default)” or something else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.