Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Edit the size of the Audio Controller for Closed Captioning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of molynn69
    molynn69
    @molynn69

I am trying to integrate closed captions on my audio files. The problem is that the audio object controller size is set automatically by Lectora (300 by 114) and I can not figure out how to resize it. The position and size tab is locked on the size. I thought the little tutorial video on how to add closed captions said you could resize the viewer.

#286737 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    1 pt
    @lauram

You can resize the font size of the captions in the XML file, but you cannot resize the audio player at this time.

#297760 Score: 0
    Profile photo of ajb-micro1
    ajb-micro1
    @ajb-micro1

Is this still the case, that you cannot change the size of the audio controller to support a larger volume of text?

#357394 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Christine O'Malley
    Christine O’Malley
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    product reviewer
    LUC17 Attendee
    4 pts
    @comalley5856

I need to do the same thing…

Can’t we edit the javascript or CSS or something to resize the audio controller?

#357404 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    31 pts
    @JasonADal

This is exactly what I accomplished through a custom CSS on the player. To conserve real estate in the course, I widened the player, reduced the height and extended the length of the captions. I marked up the CSS file to help see where, what and how I customized the player. One thing to note is that in the design screen, you won’t see the customizations. To accommodate that, I created a shape at the top level of the course that matches the size and position of the player and captions so I could design around it.

The sample is at the end of the forum post. I should probably share this one, but was holding out until I could tweak it a little more.

http://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/more-audio-player-captions-questions/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.