Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Embedding non-public content

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin Brill
    Kevin Brill
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @kbrill2052

I am trying to embed content into a course from either a corporate shared directory or corporate Sharepoint site.  The idea behind this is that certain people within the company who don’t have the knowledge or a license for Lectora could update content in a document within a shared directory or Sharepoint document which would result in the course content being updated with it.  I have no problems getting this to work with public content such as a Google Docs document with either an HTML Object or a Web Window, but haven’t been successful with something internal.  Given that this is private corporate content I don’t think Google Docs is an option.  Is this possible?

#349290 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    94 pts
    @jvalley4735

I would expect the need for an external script to be added that would pass information over to SharePoint’s API. One of my co-workers suggested looking in this direction: https://github.com/OfficeDev/SharePoint-Add-in-REST-OData-CrossDomain

#349297 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kevin Brill
    Kevin Brill
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @kbrill2052

Thank you for the response!  Sounds like it’s what I would need.  I’ll have to see if this will be an option that our company would approve of.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.