Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers External javascript not working in LMS

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    15 pts
    @smiller7502

I have a test course containing an HTML extension of type “Meta tags” that references an external .js file. The file contains an array, which populates a drop-down list (thanks again, Maths!). The idea here is that we want to be able to update the options that learners can pick from without having to edit and republish the course every time the list changes.

In every mode of Lectora, including previewing in the browser, this works beautifully. However, when I upload the course to our LMS (Cornerstone) or to SCORM Cloud, it doesn’t work at all. As far as I can tell the script never fires.

Any theories, suggestions, wild guesses?

#348899 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    338 pts
    @ssneg

Check the console. Did the file even load? Is the file mentioned in the SCORM manifest? Some LMS won’t load a file unless it is mentioned in the manifest (which means it must be added to the Lectora title as an attachment).

#349044 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    15 pts
    @smiller7502

Sergey, unless I’m seriously misunderstanding you, adding the script as an attachment in Lectora would defeat the purpose; the whole idea is to not have to republish the course every time the list changes.

But thanks for the reminder to check the console! Turns out the script is being blocked because it’s in an unencrypted location, while our LMS (and SCORM Cloud) run over HTTPS. I’m actually highly confident that once I find an encrypted location for the script, everything will work swimmingly — and that’s a big change from my “are you $@# kidding me???” attitude from yesterday. 🙂

#349160 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    338 pts
    @ssneg

I thought your script was local to Lectora and it just pulls the data (the list of stores) from somewhere. Anyhow, glad to know I gave you an idea that helped. And today everything must run over https. You can use GitHub + RawGit for this.

#349362 Score: 0
    Profile photo of approg
    approg
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    12 pts
    @approg
    #360008 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kelsey rodgers
    kelsey rodgers
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @krodgers6170

Hey there!

We’re experiencing the exact same issue. We uploaded header scripting in our courses to include Greensock, (tweenmax) and it works great in preview mode but once in ReviewLink and in our LMS (Cornerstone) Nothing.

Any advice on how to get simple “pulse” animations on objects (buttons) to work?

Thanks,

Kelsey

#360485 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    214 pts
    @timk

It may be “Seamless play” that makes the difference. You could try whether it works without it, or check the sample that should work both ways. I tested it locally, in ReviewLink and moodle.

Attachments:
    1. Title-1.zip
    #365259 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kelsey rodgers
    kelsey rodgers
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @krodgers6170

Hey Nick!

Seamless play was the issue! Thanks for sharing that tip. The Javascript is working fine in Cornerstone now.

Kelsey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.