Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Grouped Objects Improvements

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of The AV-ator
    The AV-ator
    advanced
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    5 pts
    @TheAv-ator

I’d like to see some updates in the Grouped objects arena, mainly that just grouping an object shouldn’t lock its position relative to the other objects. Many times I group objects to make assigning actions easier i.e. showing and hiding all the objects at one time vs. each individually. Currently if you want to move an object that’s in a group you have to either ungroup the object, move it, and regroup it or you have to play with its X/Y coordinates by guessing the numbers until you get it in place.

A solution to this would be adding a Lock Relative Position option in the Group’s properties tab. Selecting this option would present the current functionality where all objects of the group are locked in relative position to each other. De-selecting this would allow the individual components to be move separately while still maintaining their grouping.

#342726 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    120 pts
    @Klaatu

“Currently if you want to move an object that’s in a group you have to either ungroup the object, move it, and regroup it or you have to play with its X/Y coordinates by guessing the numbers until you get it in place.”

You do not have to ungroup an object to move it. Hold the ALT key down when selecting a grouped element to move it alone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.