Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan Brooks
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

I want to run an interactive simulation (created in Captivate and exported as HTML5) on a lesson page in Lectora Online. I saw that this can be done in Lectora Inspire using Insert > Web Window because you can pull in all files and folders. I don’t see how to pull in the html5 folders and files into Lectora Online.

Is this possible in Lectora Online??

#348341 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    24 pts
    @wheels

You can zip up the folder structure you want in your title (make an archive/zip file with something like 7-zip) and then attach it from the Insert tab -> Attachment -> Zip Folder

http://trivantis.com/help/Lectora_Online/3.3/en/HelpHTMLs/index.html#6652.html

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    #348399 Score: 0
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

Thank you, Joe. There is more to do than is covered in the instructions such as finding the URL to place in the Web Window properties box, but I was able to figure it out and make it work.

#348767 Score: 0
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

@wheels (fingers crossed you see this)

In the Web Window, I used a Lectora Online URL that consisted of the URL for the course, the zip file folder name, and the index.html file (renamed to index2.html).

It works great, but I’m concerned about what happens when I publish the file to SCORM, upload the course to the LMS, and then archive the title in Lectora Online or save the pkg file elsewhere. That URL goes away.

Is there a way to use a relative path to the index2.html file instead of a specific URL?

#348828 Score: 2
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

@wheels (fingers crossed you see this)

So I figured it out. It’s challenging sometimes to make features like this (that work so well in the Lectora desktop version) work as well in Lectora Online.

In the Web Web window, select Local Web-based Content from the Window Source field. Enter the folder name of the zip file you imported and the launch filename in the format of [folder name]/[filename].

You can preview the page in a browser window. Yea!! 🙂

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #348830 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    24 pts
    @wheels

Thanks @jbrooks6669 sorry I didn’t get back to you. I’m glad you figured it out.  We need to build a browse feature for that!  I’ll make sure we get it on the roadmap.

#361633 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Linda Dougary
    Linda Dougary
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @ldougary3836

Hi @jbrooks6669 and @wheels,

I am also having issues adding Captivate simulations published to html5 in my Lectora Online title.  I have tried following your instructions but seem to be missing something to make this work. I’m hoping you can share more of your expertise since you managed to make it work!

I have added a zip folder called Simulation (which contains the index.html file) to the title using Insert tab -> Attachment -> Folder (Zipped). I have added a Web window, selected Local Web-based Content and entered the file path Simulation/index.html. However when I preview the published page I get this error:

“500 – Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.”

Can you please explain how you found the correct URL to the attached zip folder? Or maybe give an example of the path name in Lectora Online so I know what I’m aiming for in my own title?

Appreciate if anyone in the community can assist me with this.

#361653 Score: 0
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

@ldougary3836

Hi Linda, I haven’t done this in a while, so I’m a bit rusty, but I did document this for myself and will share that with you. Right away, however, I see that you used the filepath “Simulation/index.html”. It’s important that you rename the index file to something different so it doesn’t conflict with the Lectora title index file. I change it to “index2.html”.

These are my steps for placing the HTML5 file. For my title, I placed the file on a popup page and launched it from my lesson page with a button (Display Page in Popup action).

Best regards,

Jan
    How to Embed HTML5 Files into Lectora Online
    Why?

• HTML5 is preferred over Flash (mobile compatibility)

When?

• When you have an interactive activity or simulation that requires someone to do something, such as what you might export from Captivate (not a movie!)
    • Note: For passive animations or presentations where no user action is involved, use MP4 video.

What (should I prepare)?

• Lectora title and a new page for the video
    • Exported HTML5 files in a zipped file
      • Folder name =
        Ex: WS-SPLI-Disable-Enable_Sim
      • Renamed Index.html filename =
        Ex: index2.html
      • Simulation size or maximum screen size
        Ex: 1280 x 800

How?

1. Prep the page
      • Change the page size
      • Disinherit the background
      • Disinherit all objects from the parent
    2. Import the zipped files
      • Only HTML5 files (remove Flash files if you exported both)
      • Insert menu > Attachment (drop-down menu arrow) > select Folder (zipped)
    3. Add a Web Window
      • Insert menu > Web Window
      • From Window Source, select Local Web-based Content
      • In File Path field, enter [folder name]/[file name]
        Ex: WS-SPLI-Disable-Enable_Sim/index2.html
    1. Export SCORM file
    2. Test with Page Preview (in a browser)
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jan Brooks Jan Brooks. Reason: removed html heading code
    #361795 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Linda Dougary
    Linda Dougary
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @ldougary3836

@jbrooks6669

Hi Jan, Your instructions are brilliant – thanks for sharing!

I’ve got it working now. As you say, changing the index.html name to index2.html is critical, this was where I was going wrong. Also publishing to test since it does not work in the page preview mode (shows the 500 – Internal server error) so I thought it was not working, but it does show the html simulation correctly when published.

@wheels, Ian – thanks for your assistance by email too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.