Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan Brooks
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

I want to run an interactive simulation (created in Captivate and exported as HTML5) on a lesson page in Lectora Online. I saw that this can be done in Lectora Inspire using Insert > Web Window because you can pull in all files and folders. I don’t see how to pull in the html5 folders and files into Lectora Online.

Is this possible in Lectora Online??

#348341 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    11 pts
    @wheels

You can zip up the folder structure you want in your title (make an archive/zip file with something like 7-zip) and then attach it from the Insert tab -> Attachment -> Zip Folder

http://trivantis.com/help/Lectora_Online/3.3/en/HelpHTMLs/index.html#6652.html

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    #348399 Score: 0
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

Thank you, Joe. There is more to do than is covered in the instructions such as finding the URL to place in the Web Window properties box, but I was able to figure it out and make it work.

#348767 Score: 0
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

@wheels (fingers crossed you see this)

In the Web Window, I used a Lectora Online URL that consisted of the URL for the course, the zip file folder name, and the index.html file (renamed to index2.html).

It works great, but I’m concerned about what happens when I publish the file to SCORM, upload the course to the LMS, and then archive the title in Lectora Online or save the pkg file elsewhere. That URL goes away.

Is there a way to use a relative path to the index2.html file instead of a specific URL?

#348828 Score: 2
    Jan Brooks
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jbrooks6669

@wheels (fingers crossed you see this)

So I figured it out. It’s challenging sometimes to make features like this (that work so well in the Lectora desktop version) work as well in Lectora Online.

In the Web Web window, select Local Web-based Content from the Window Source field. Enter the folder name of the zip file you imported and the launch filename in the format of [folder name]/[filename].

You can preview the page in a browser window. Yea!! 🙂

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #348830 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    11 pts
    @wheels

Thanks @jbrooks6669 sorry I didn’t get back to you. I’m glad you figured it out.  We need to build a browse feature for that!  I’ll make sure we get it on the roadmap.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.