Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Lectora 17.02 – Install associates .awt to Adobe Acrobat Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Jumeau
    David Jumeau
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    1 pt
    @djumeau

I have recently installed Lectora 17.02. (I had previously removed Lectora 16.2.)

The weirdest thing is that when I set the .awt file in Windows Explorer, it automatically points it to Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of the Lectora Inspire .exe.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Any recommendations?

#345887 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    120 pts
    @Klaatu

Yeah, set the default application for .awt to Lectora.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #347187 Score: 0
    Profile photo of canadian
    canadian
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @canadian

I have the same issue. I’ve change the file type associations but it still tries to open with Acrobat.

#347227 Score: 0
    Profile photo of canadian
    canadian
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @canadian

I’ve somehow fixed it by deleting the associated file type parameter for awt and awt10. I used this tool http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unassociate-file-types-windows-7-vista/

Then, with the awt file showing no associated program, as in the icon is the default windows 7 file icon type with the page and dots on it, I made a shortcut on my desktop to Lectora.exe in the program files folder. Then i dragged the .awt file i wanted to open to the shortcut. Before letting go of your mouse click, verify the tooltip says “Open with Lectora…”

Lectora should open now with the project. Close and open it again by double clicking on the file.

If this does not work, I also did some mucking around with the windows shell command assoc and ftype. Use at your own risk of course. https://ss64.com/nt/ftype.html I wasn’t getting anywhere successful with this approach but did learn a lot about file types and associations.

best of luck

#348012 Score: 0
    Profile photo of David Jumeau
    David Jumeau
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    contributor
    1 pt
    @djumeau

Well, I discovered that we had two installs of Snagit (v. 12 and v. 13) I asked my IT department to remove v. 12 and when trying to re-establish the .awt extension, lo and behold, I was able to link it to Lectora 17.02.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.