Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sophia K
    Sophia K
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @skings5565

Hi,

We’ve been using Lectora 17 since it’s release (currently on version 17.0.6) but have started getting a very intermittent issue seemingly stemming from something Lectora does.

Our issue is that at random times the course’s navigation stops. By this I mean any action that “goes to” somewhere (next page, previous page, menu button, etc.) stops responding – everything within the page such as audio, actions and action groups, animation tweens and so on work fine; even buttons that display another page in a popup still work as intended.

It seems to only affect objects that use the “goTo” action type, and the intention is to direct you to another page.

We have trouble recreating this issue as it can happen multiple times per run-through or not at all – to “fix” it you need to close down the SCORM file and re-open it again. The odd thing is that no errors are created and the page still works otherwise.

It’s happening on two completely different Management Systems across a few of our courses (all of which are developed in Lectora 17). It’s also been experienced on Edge and Chrome.

I should note it’s also happened in localhost, removing the possibility it’s simply disconnected from the LMS.

And we haven’t discovered this issue in Lectora 16 or below.

Thank-you for your time,

Sophia

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Sophia K Sophia K.
    #386549 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Richard Wendrick
    Richard Wendrick
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    contributor
    @setarcos

Hello Sophia,

I have recently experienced this exact same problem. After discussing with the Lectora support team we determined that transitions were causing the problems. Specifically, if a navigation button is clicked during any other object transitioning all the navigation on the page locks up. The only solution we’ve found is to remove transitions.

I can understand why a button may not function during a transition, but why should that lock up all other navigation on the page even after the transition is finished.

Hope that helps!

Richard

#386592 Score: 0
    Sophia K
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @skings5565

Hi Richard,

We are glad we are not the only ones experiencing this problem! Thanks for your suggestion, we will look into this further and will have a go at removing any transitions.

Hopefully we will find a resolution to this problem soon.

Thanks,

Sophia

#386751 Score: 0
    Sophia K
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @skings5565

Hi,

We set up a test to compare a page of fade transitions and a page with no transitions.

The first page was set up to have 15/20 copies of the same image fading in and out automatically. After 15 seconds it automatically redirects you to the next page which was exactly the same in every way except there were no transitions on the images and it redirects you to the previous page; creating a loop.

Our results show that 9 times out of 10 it would stop redirecting on the transition page after 3 or 4 redirects. This also indicates it cuts automatic navigation – not just on click actions.

It never cut out on the other page without transitions further indicating it’s something to do with the transitions and not other factors like the amount of images/actions etc. It also sent through logs to our LMS, even after cutting out meaning it does seem to be a Lectora issue and not an issue with SCORM or connection to the system.

All-in-all I think the only way around this is as you said – to remove all transitions.

Thanks a lot for helping us out! 🙂

Sophia

#386761 Score: 0
    Richard Wendrick
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    contributor
    @setarcos

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for further testing on that. Removing transitions will be a bit of a showstopper for me. A course with no transitions makes for a clunky and un-engaging experience. Hopefully there will be some resolution to this problem.

Richard

#387333 Score: 0
    Sophia K
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @skings5565

Hi Richard,

We’ve spent some time looking into an efficient way to remove all transitions, both in and out; we discovered quickly that going through and locating each transition on an object is slow and fairly tedious.

We opened up the .awt file in Dreamweaver and located every “<transitionin>” and “<transitionout>” tag and removed them. Because some animations had different delays, speeds and so forth we used reg-ex to find everything within these tags using wildcards.

<transitionin>[^”]*</transitionin>

This expression finds every instance of the entire transitionin tag, allowing for quick removal. We did the same for transitionout.

To “replace” the fade effect we put some CSS transitions in to animate the opacity attribute, with some fiddling, and precise selectors we’re able to effectively recreate the effect with a few lines of CSS – so far we haven’t experienced the issue.

Hope this helps,

Sophia

#387736 Score: 0
    Richard Wendrick
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    contributor
    @setarcos

Sophia,

Thanks for passing that info along. That’s great to know, but still very cumbersome for my resources and workflow.  I have screens with many objects fading, wiping, flying in, etc. I can’t see building and testing these motions outside of the authoring environment.

Glad to hear you came up with a solution that fits your needs. You must have some strong coding skills 🙂

Richard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.