Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vanessa McCabe
    Vanessa McCabe
    @vmccabe2388

I am in the process of deciding if Lectora Inspire is the right tool for our company. I am finding it difficult to find step by step training on the community page. Is Lectora better learned through a classroom training or web training?

This would be a substantial investment for my company so I want to ensure I fully understand the capabilities of the system and that someone without an e-learning background could learn this system overtime to deliver high quality content.

#304910 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jdwilliford
    jdwilliford
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jdwilliford

From my own experience, and with the obvious caveat that learning styles vary, I think so. I learned Lectora mostly on my own, but had significant prior experience in other tools (Director, CourseBuilder, Authorware, Hypercard, Flash, etc.) If you are planning on hiring an instructional designer for future work, though, I’d suggest finding the right person first, then mutually deciding what software works best to develop the kind of content you want. Either way, good luck!

#304916 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Hi! Welcome to the community!

Lectora 101 from Ben Pitman is a good book (http://www.amazon.com/Lectora-101-Beginners-Mastering-Volume/dp/1483960331) but I’m not sure if it is up to date on the latest Lectora versions. It’d still be useful though to get the book, download a Lectora trial and go through it at your own pace if you’re looking for a self-guided learning path.

Lectora sells self-paced video-based training (http://trivantis.com/product/lectora-training/) and I’m sure you could get a good deal on buying this together with the licenses. I haven’t used that myself (I’m self-taught but I did have a lot of experience with other tools and development in general).

Finally, there’s a User Conference coming up if you’re looking to combine great training from the best trainers in Trivantis with a visit to sunny Florida 🙂 I know I’ll be there.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #304953 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    92 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome to the Community!

We have a training series available on the Community called Lectora 101. It includes the core functionality you’d need to get started.  Updates will be coming throughout the year as we update the videos and include new content.

http://community.trivantis.com/category/lectora-101/?post_types=knowledge-base

You can also:

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.