Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #345645 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Marco Meissner
    Marco Meissner
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    4 pts
    @marco.meissner

    Hello,

    one question about a strange (and frustating) thing in Lectora (Inspire 12). I’m using a streamed videolink on a page: entered the object, filled in the link to the video (mp4, stored on an internal kaltura server), tested the page in browser – looks good; everything is fine.

    I worked on a while in the file, published the project and then the strange things happens. Some of the links to my videos changed from “https://media2.de/a.mp4” to “#2B6AF#https://media2.de/a.mp4” which causes that the video cannot be loaded.

    I can change the links back to the original ones, but after a while this happens again. Not only when publishing and not the always the same videos. I cannot figure out any regularity.

    Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

    Many thanks!

    Marco

    #345747 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    Member
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    profile
    168 pts
    @Klaatu

    I just embedded three streaming videos without one link changing by itself (though I’m in v17 so I’m not comparing apples to apples). Perhaps if you post the file, or a sample, we can try to help you troubleshoot or at least see if it happens on our computers. By the way, is there something blue on the page with the video? While it is missing a sixth digit what is added is the hexadecimal color blue (it doesn’t matter what the last digit is, it’s blue).

    One other thing, unless you edited it for the post, https://media2.de/a.mp4 looks like a bad link. The file is not in a folder? It’s sitting in the root directory? Also, testing the link results in a timed out session.

    #345928 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Marco Meissner
    Marco Meissner
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    4 pts
    @marco.meissner

    Hi Darrel,

    thank your for your reply – I will add an example file with this post.

    The link I have previously posted is not the complete link – the correct link is something like this: https://media2.real.de/p/102/sp/10200/serveFlavor/entryId/0_pl954olz/v/2/flavorId/0_68b9gwns/forceproxy/true/name/a.mp4

    And yes – I have some blue in my video 🙂 But as you can see in the example file the links are changed on different ways; in the file you can find #9f# instead of #2B6AF#.

    But one thing I already figured out: It seems that this is only happening when I add an action to the video – I want to go to the next slide when the video ends. On the videos without this action nothing happens.

    Many thanks,

    Marco

     

    Attachments:
    1. Titel-3.zip
    #345977 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    Member
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    profile
    168 pts
    @Klaatu

    I opened your file in v12.1.4 added a page just before your last page, copied the URL (minus the extra stuff) and pasted it into a streaming video player on that page. I added an action to go to the next page on complete. My link didn’t change.

    Are you absolutely certain that this is not just a copy and paste mistake? Both videos have the same #9F# added to the beginning of the URL.

    When you said that it only happened when you added the action, did it show up after publishing and looking back at the properties in Lectora or did it happen as soon as you added the action?

    Did you try to start another document altogether and go through the same exact moves to see if it happens again?

    #346030 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Marco Meissner
    Marco Meissner
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    4 pts
    @marco.meissner

    Because it is hard to believe that this is happening I have recorded my screen  and I will try to add this short capture (<1 min, recorded in real time).

    The project you can see is a blank project started from scratch with only two videos and just one textbox in it.

    Maybe this have something to do with the custom controller skin? I have copied an existing skin and only modified some of the image files. I will also add this to the post.

    Many thanks…

    #346037 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    Member
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

    Where are you copying the URLs from? Maybe theres a hidden invisible character in the URL, especially if you are copying the link from a Word doc.

    #346039 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Marco Meissner
    Marco Meissner
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    4 pts
    @marco.meissner

    I’m using notepad++ to build the link. There is no hidden or special character in the link.

    I even tried typing it in manually.

    #346058 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    Member
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    218 pts
    @timk

    I have also seen these issues (in v11), but I don’t know how to solve it… I couldn’t use the streaming video for other reasons, so I didn’t continue my search.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.