Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick Williams
    Nick Williams
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    8 pts
    @nwilliams3743

Hi all,

In creating an action where you want an object to move, is there anyway to click/drag the object to where you want it to move to?

From what I know, you set the action on the item to be moved, and set the coordinates you want the object to move to.

This often means when designing the move, I need to move the object to the destination, record the coordinates, put the object back to it’s original placement, then create the action and add the new destination coordinates.

Is this really the most efficient way of doing this?  Is there not a feature that allows us to set the action, then move the object to where it should fly to and confirm the placement?  Once confirmed the object would return to its original position?

#315927 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    338 pts
    @ssneg

That’d be a nice UI improvement but no, currently you just drag it to where you want it to be, take note of coordinates, then set the action up accordingly.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #316150 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    108 pts
    @jvalley4735

I create a copy of the item and place one in the start position and the other in the end position.  Then mark the end position item as not initially hidden in case I forget to delete it.  Then it’s just a matter of writing down the coordinates before adding the move to action.  I like the idea of being able to temporarily move the item around to find the right place.  I’ll suggest it as an improvement and see what the developers say.

#316152 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    108 pts
    @jvalley4735

This way you can also play around with your title at different points to see how the layout will work when in the start or end positions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.