Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Offline Publish Window Close – Progress Not Saved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of The AV-ator
    The AV-ator
    advanced
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    6 pts
    @TheAv-ator

Alright, So I have an Offline course that is being developed/delivered to the Army. Requirements are that it has to be a standalone product, not installed, non-LMS/web based, must run from a DVD or CD.

I built a course and have it set to Publish Offline as an Exe file. Everything is great, except when someone tries to navigate too quickly and the course gets all messed up, which forces the user to close the window (not through the exit course button either). Upon returning to the course, the user now has to start completely over because none of the variables were saved when the window closed.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Or am I pretty well hosed because of the output type?
    I would think that in a Scorm or web output that you could go in and modify page code after the publish to be able to fix the issue, but I don;t have a clue with an Exe output.

Any suggestions or ideas?

#342994 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    11 pts
    @JasonADal

Just to rule out the potential obvious, do you have retain value between sessions checked for each variable? I forgot to do that on one of my courses and it bolloxed quite a bit up. Beyond that, I’m not sure what about an offline output would do differently to cause that issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.