I have built a responsive title on lectora online and am having issues with the audio. I change the audio from Auto Play once I found out that the mobile devices don’t allow for this so I have created an action that checks for mobile or desktop at the beginning of the title. When the user is taking the course on a desktop computer the pages have an on show action to play the audio. If the user is on a mobile device a large play button appears that requires the user input. For the play button the on click action is to hide the play image and play the audio…however the play image is hidden but the audio does not start.
That should work fine. One thing to check is if the audio can play on the mobile device. Is the audio an MP3 and is it properly encoded for the device.
There is one problem we know about that will be fixed by our maintenance release tomorrow. If you have page status tracking enabled or are setting user variables on the page then upon first visit to the page a user initiated audio play action will not work. If you leave the page and return it will work. This will be fixed tomorrow night with version 3.3.4. You can check the version in the “Send Feedback” dialog under the help drop list menu.
This post has received 1 vote up.
This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Joe Wieloch.
The audio files are MP3 and they work sometimes so that may be the issue. I will test it out by going back to the pages to see if the audio plays and hopefully it will all work as expected on Saturday after the maintenance.