Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Page status indicator is not able to conrol using if else condition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JBAH007
    JBAH007
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JBAH007

Hello,

I am using Lector 12 and tried to use if else condition (from action) to control the page status indicator but is not working.. any idea why it is not working.

Highly appreciate you support to let me know how to control the page status indicator using if else condition from action.

this will allow to update custom page status tracking.

Thanks,

Siva.

#347125 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

Since the status indicator is conditional on the variable, I would assume the variable isn’t being converted correctly. Can you provide the full files for me to look at?

#347198 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JBAH007
    JBAH007
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JBAH007

Thanks Jennifer.

I’ll try and get sample together to describe the problem.

It appears that you cannot set the ‘page’ status indicator state from the same page by triggering this with conditional variables. I don’t really want Lectora setting the page status indicator as soon as the page has been visited.

Essentially if I have a series of elements on a page that require completion before the page is consider completed I want to be able to control this and decide when the page status indicator should turn green based on the variables assigned to the conditional if else logic.

It looks like Lectora does NOT have a way to trigger  actions by ‘watching’ for variable changes on the same page to then set the page status indicator.

The only way this appears to work is by cheating and having the page status indicator set from another page!

Hope that makes sense.

#347253 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    168 pts
    @timk

By default Lectora sets the page status to “Completed” when the page is opened. If you wanted the page to not be completed you’d have to add an action on page level to set the status to “in Progress”. You can add Conditions to that action but you need to be aware, that the page stays “Completed” if the conditions aren’t met. You can’t set the status to “Not started” (at least not from the same page).

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of Tim K Tim K.
    #349139 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JBAH007
    JBAH007
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JBAH007

Thanks Tim for the good suggestion

We had checked this out and that part worked fine.

Our core issue is that we then had ‘other elements’ on that page triggered via “actions” to show inline popups (NOT leaving the page) for example we then set their respective status variables to completed but the page status indicator variable was when conditionally set to completed it would NOT update the visual display on the page until it went to the next page and came back etc.

Apologies as it maybe hard to visualize what is actually happening.

Cheers

#349172 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    168 pts
    @timk

If you can’t share a sample, I’ll need more information:

How do you create the popups? – With most of the normal Lectora ways to create a popup, you actually do leave the page, even if it doesn’t look like it.

Where do you modify the variable “Custom_Page_1”? – Popup or Main page?

Where do you set the page status? – Popup or Main page?

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.