Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Randomly selected pages in a test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ian Mullineaux
    Ian Mullineaux
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @IanMullineaux

I am having problems using randomly selected pages in a lecora test.

I use a test to check learning has taken place in a module – if the learer reaches the required score they are taken to a page which has a button with a gotoweb action attached. This opens an external page and passes the score and other information to the page.

This method works perfectly.

My problem is, when i change the test to select pages at random and perhaps 20 out of a possible 60 of the questions, when they are taken to the page with the button to submit their data, the button does not work

I have tried using a fully random test, and also splitting the test into sections, one section with random selection and the final section without the random selection but including a process test button..

Whatever I do, if random is ticked, the gotoweb action fails to work

any thoughts?

thanks

Ian

#350628 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    178 pts
    @timk

Hi,

the only idea I have is, that the action to send the values fails, because there are no values, i.e. the score variable is undefined… Does the browser show an error, maybe in the console?

You can try to create a textfield on the page with the button that displays the score:

If you get a score, try if the button works now, sometimes variables are undefined if they aren’t used in a Lectora action.

Do you display a Results page? Where is the page with the button located – inside or outside the test chapter?

There have been some bugs lately with regard to processing a randomized test if you use “Show Test Results” to display a results page. If you have a results page, try to change the action on your Next button:

On: Click
    Action: Go to
    Target: Next page

Condition: Only if “PageInChapter” is not equal to “20” (enter the number of randomly selected pages in your test)

Else: “Process Test / Survey”
    Target: Your test

Tim

#350631 Score: 0
    Ian Mullineaux
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @IanMullineaux

Thanks Tim I’ll try those suggestions

The guide says that in a random test a process test isnt required and it throws an error if i try to add one, I got round that by adding 2 sections into the quiz – one with the questions which i randomised, the second with the results which was not – that allowed me to add in a process test button – the results all generate correctly if i include them, but it doesnt seem to wrk with them in or out..  its a frustrating little bug but i’ll try your suggestiosn and see if i can work out where the problem lies..

thanks again for the reply

Ian

#350635 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    178 pts
    @timk

Hi Ian,

you’re right of course, that you can’t have a “Process Test” action on a specific page in a randomized test. But you can have it, if the Next button is on chapter level. I have been using this in a test with a results page, because I found that the Next button in a randomized test with a results page won’t process the test on the last question page and only go to the next page, which is the results page. As the test hasn’t been processed no score is available on the results page.

Tim

#350637 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    130 pts
    @Klaatu

Ian, I created a lesson with one test that is divided into two test sections. Both sections have 20 questions from which 5 are selected to make a 10 questions quiz. The page after the second test section is the “last test page”. On that page I have the submit button with three actions. 1. process the test (not sections). 2. Set the AICC_Score to test1 score. 3. exit and close.

The Test properties under grading are: grade the test – checked, Lowest Passing Score 75%, Include the test score in overall score – checked. I am not showing test results or using a custom results submission; both are left blank.

Tested and works in our LMS.

Where did you add in the process test button and how do they get to that page?
    What error is being thrown when the button is clicked?

#350667 Score: 0
    Ian Mullineaux
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @IanMullineaux

Thanks for all your suggestions Tim/Darrel

I hadn’t quite got the structure right – i reformatted using the suggestions and its all working now

thanks very much for the pointers – i couldn’t see the problem until i read your comments

regards and best wishes

ian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.