Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Return to specific page after course close

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Colin Cowne
    Colin Cowne
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    @ccowne4302

I have a course with a final exam.  I want to make it so that if a student closes the course while in the exam that when they reopen the course it takes them back to a specific page rather than where they left off.  I am find if it takes them back to where they left off as long as it is NOT during the exam.

I already have it so the exam clears and it does not keep their answers.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Colin

#348818 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deron Warman
    Deron Warman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    picture perfect
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    verified member
    3 pts
    @DWarman

Colin,

When publishing your title, under SCORM options, check the “Prompt user to navigate to the last page” if you want them to continue where they left off.  Then your LMS should ask them if they want to start over, or go to the last page they were on.

The issue with this is if in the middle of a test (like you said you didn’t want), they might end up missing some of the questions since they did not answer them if you are not saving the test answers between sessions (which you are not).

You could add a user defined variable to your test and “tick” it like a page counter for each test question and then when entering the course if the user defined variable is 1 – 50 (or however many questions you have), direct them to the test introduction page, else, return to the beginning of the course.  To “tick” the variable, you need to add an action on each test question page and “add” 1 to the variable.  This will allow the course to either A) navigate to the start of the course (provided it was not a test question) or B) to the beginning of the test.

Add an action at the AU level > on show > go to > test 1 if 1_test (user defined variable) variable is equal or greater than 1.  This will prompt the course to either go to the start or to the start of the test.

Add an action on each test page question too… Action > on show > modify variable > target 1_test (user defined variable) > add to variable > 1

The bad thing is if you have a lengthy course they are then directed to the start and that might not make some users happy.  But, they aren’t going back in to the test at question 10 either.  You could always have another variable (user defined) which retains what they have done and provide a table of contents and then they could click to the test from there since all items in the table of contents would be available.

Deron

#348855 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    218 pts
    @timk

The bookmark is stored in the variable “AICC_Lesson_Location”. You can use a normal “Modify variable” action:

Action: Modify variable
    Target: AICC_Lesson_Location
    Type: Set equal to
    Value: page123.html (enter the file name of the page)

Tim

#348953 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Colin Cowne
    Colin Cowne
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    @ccowne4302

Deron,

Thanks for the info.  Definitely gave me a few things to think about design wise to make sure my end users can flow through the course in a natural way.

Tim,

That is the exact function I was looking for!  Thank you so much for that.

Between the both of you I think I can come up with a really good solution!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.