Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Scoring the average of multiple tests in one course – Lectora V11

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sjessop@invendev.com
    sjessop@invendev.com
    beginner
    intermediate
    @sjessop@invendev.com

Hello – I have been working on this for over a week and cannot figure out what is wrong. I have a course with 6 tests – one for each of the 5 lessons and then a final test. I need to average the score of all 6 tests and then move the learner to either the completed page (80% correct or better) or fail page (less than 80% mastery).

I have had a few different Lectora support reps trying to help me and although it seems like it SHOULD be working, the scoring is not working properly. I have set up an Action Group with actions to modify the variable of each test; and then a final action within the group to divide the total of all tests scores by 6. Then I have an action outside of that group that tells the system to go to a completed page if the total score is greater than or equal to 80%; if not go to the fail page.

What happens is that when testing I get all but 1 answer correct, so it should score high enough to go to the completed page. Instead I am taken to the fail page where it shows I only got 10% correct.

Any help will be appreciated SOOOO much!

#287956 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mallow76
    mallow76
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    3 pts
    @mallow76

You shouldn’t need to divide at all – there will be one variable that automatically captures the total score % and 6 other variables that capture the individual scores. Create a page after the final test section and have an action on that page that moves the person to a completed/failed page based on this total score variable.

#309178 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jeannine Isom
    Jeannine Isom
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jkisom

I seem to be having almost the exact same problem as above except I am using Lectora 16.

I have 5 scored tests in one AU that I had intended to be averaged for the AICC score. On my passed and failed pages, I have a box set up where I can see the score for each test and those appear to be working correctly for all the tests. I used the reserved variable for each test to populate that box. The catch is when I get to the end and need the AICC score to determine if the employee has an overall passing grade of 80%. It always sends me to the ‘course failed’ page. I’m thinking I’m missing something to generate the AICC score at the end, but I’ve tried so many different ways to do it that I’ve lost track. I even tried turning off the ‘Include test in overall score’ and setting up an action group to do it manually, but that didn’t work either. I thought AICC Score was generated automatically–but isn’t there some kind of trigger needed to end the lesson so the score is calculated? What am I doing wrong?

All tests are randomized, so they have no last page. They all go to a ‘Quiz passed’ or ‘Quiz failed’ page as set on the Behavior tab of the test. On the last test (Quiz 5), if the student gets to the ‘quiz passed’ page, it then has a button to ‘complete the course’ which sends them to a ‘course passed’ page IF AICC_Score is greater than or equal to 80% (I’ve also tried just 80 w/o the %) ELSE go to the failed course page, which allows them to start over or exit at that point. It always sends me to the Failed page and there is a text box for the score on that page, intended to capture the AICC_Score, but nothing every shows (At the page level, OnShow–>Change Contents–>Target: PointsDisplayFinal, Value: Set Text, Text: VAR(AICC_Score). It stays blank.

What am I missing? Is there an extra step required to trigger the AICC_Score at the very end so it averages all the tests?

#309249 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    158 pts
    @timk

Usually AICC_Score contains the average score of all tests (that are “included in overall score”). Are you testing in an LMS? Scorm variables will only be usable in an LMS.

It should be possible to calculate the average score from the scores of the tests, no LMS needed then. I’m doing that in a course with 6 randomized tests and it’s working without issues (Lectora 11).

Tim

#309300 Score: 0
    Jeannine Isom
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jkisom

ah hah! Didn’t think of that. The LMS won’t let me load it. I’m getting an error message that it may not be the correct format and is not associated with a valid session. ::sigh:: Guess I better figure that out before I can test any further. I thought it was because of the AICC score…but it must be something else. I’ve loaded dozens of SCORM 1.2 modules before this with no problem. Can’t figure out what is going on this time. We use Blackboard Learn 9.1, but this is the first time I’ve put multiple tests into one module.

Will the AICC_score show when running in preview mode or does it have to be loaded in the LMS to work?

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jeannine Isom Jeannine Isom.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jeannine Isom Jeannine Isom.
    #309324 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    158 pts
    @timk

AICC_Score will only be available if the module is published to Scorm and opened in the LMS. It’s not available when publishing to html and not in preview mode.

I’ve tested a course with two tests (Lectora 16) in moodle 3.0. I can display AICC_Score in a textfield and use it in a condition of an action.

Tim

#309624 Score: 0
    Jeannine Isom
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jkisom

As it turns out, I loaded the SCORM package into SCORM Cloud and another system and it worked perfectly. It captured the correct score at the end and displayed it in the Final Score text box like it was supposed to. The problem is apparently something in Blackboard. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.