Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Stopping Audio when Starting Video

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tina Hoskins
    Tina Hoskins
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @thoskins4615

I have a screen set up to play an audio file On Show. However, there is a video on the screen, and if the learner clicks the video before the original audio stops, the audio overlaps. How can I stop the original audio when the learner clicks Play on the video? I have tried to add a stop on the video file, but Lectora does not allow that action. Thanks for your help!

#351258 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    5 pts
    @danam

You kinda answered your own question. The goal is to stop the learner from being able to click on the video before the audio stops, so….
    1. Put a button on the video that when clicked shows a text box telling the learner to “please wait”
    2. Put an action on the audio to hide the button on the video when “done playing”
    -or-
    the action on the audio can be to play the video when the audio is “done playing”

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #351281 Score: 0
    Tina Hoskins
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @thoskins4615

Thank you for your help, Dana!
    Tina

#351366 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    8 pts
    @JasonADal

You could also add an event and action to the video file that pauses the audio when it starts, then a second action that plays the audio once the video ends. It also depends on if you want to resume the audio if the video is paused. If that’s the case, then I think Dana’s solution works better and you could use a toggle play/pause on the button.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #351368 Score: 0
    Tina Hoskins
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @thoskins4615

Thanks for the feedback, Jason! I tried adding an Action to the video to stop the initial audio file, but wasn’t successful. I didn’t see a STOP action like I do when working with regular audio files. Am I missing something, or approaching it the wrong way?

Tina

#351573 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    8 pts
    @JasonADal

Hmm – I just did a quick test with one of my courses and was able to get it to work.

Once you add the event to the video, did you go into Sync Events? If you highlight the event in the Sync Events screen, you should see all the same actions as you would from the title explorer.  I’m not sure why you wouldn’t see the media play/pause/stop actions, unless you only had one of the media elements on the page. I can take a peek if you can post a sample.

#352080 Score: 0
    Tina Hoskins
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @thoskins4615

Jason,

Thank you very much for your help! We are new to Lectora and on a huge learning curve. I hadn’t worked in Sync Events yet and didn’t realize you could create actions in there. This works very well.

Tina

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.