Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick Williams
    Nick Williams
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    8 pts
    @nwilliams3743

I haven’t had to use  the lectora test feature up until now (changes in LMS) and it’s driving me a little insane.

I’ve been testing variables to see if the scores are being added, and having a final page of the test to show the score as a whole number and as a percentage.

This works fine in debug mode. The variables all work and the values are perfect.

Once published (html to hard drive – no LMS yet), the final score will either be 6/6, 100% score or a 0/6, 0% result, depending on where I place the process test/survey variable.  I do not understand, anything that i score will either result in a 0% or 100%, even if it should be a different score.

On the final page of the test, i have a modify variable ‘finalscore’ to add 1 to variable if (q1 is correct, q2 is correct, q3 corect, etc) set at ANY condition can be true. Then an onshowchange ‘textbox’ to ‘finalscore’

(if processtest/survey is before the above actions, it results in a 100%. If process test/survey is after the actions, it results in 0%)

Unfortunately with my new job I cannot upload sample nor test in scorm cloud. Any clues?

#352304 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Nick Williams
    Nick Williams
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    8 pts
    @nwilliams3743

Adding to the above, Reviewlink displays the results correctly as I’d expect them to display.

Not being able to upload/download to this site anymore is a right pain =/

#353182 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    106 pts
    @jvalley4735

Sounds like an LMS issue.  Which LMS are you using?  Can you share the files with Support?  There’s a Submit a support ticket off to the right of the screen.

#353201 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    216 pts
    @timk

The “Process Test / Survey” should always be on the last question page (if the test is not randomized) or you shouldn’t have the action at all if the test is randomized. Processing the test will calculate the score and do the actions defined as “On: Passed” and “On: Failed / Cancelled”. Normally these actions should lead out of the test chapter.

Do you have only One action to calculate the “finalscore”? An action to Add 1 If q1 is correct OR q2 is correct,… will result in “finalscore” either be “0” (i.e. initial or current value) or “1”. The conditions mean that “1” is added once if any of the questions is correct or not if none is correct. It will not add 1 if q1 is correct, add 1 if q2 is correct, … you’d need one action for each question.

Tim

#353207 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    26 pts
    @JasonADal

Tim is spot on there (see my post on the AICC_Score gaffe I made the other day).

If you’re only adding 1 point with an if statement, it’s only ever going to add 1 point or no points. I do something very similar in my current course – The questions on the course adds to a variable created for the chapter and each question adds one point to that variable. At the end of the course, the overall “course_score” and “course_percent” are determined and will exempt a student from the final test if it’s high enough.

If they take choose to take the test or have to take the test, the course then compares the course_score to the test_score, takes the higher of the two and sets that as the AICC_Score.

I’d post my course, but it’s very “heavy” – If I get some time, I can post just the questions and test.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.