Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Text size/location different in editor than when published

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Elizabeth Bruner
    Elizabeth Bruner
    @ebruner3016

Hi, I’m using Publisher 12 and I’m having an issue with the text boxes in my project. Some of the text appears differently on the edit screen than it does when I publish or preview the file. Sometimes the tail end of the text is cut off on the edit screen, but appears fine in the preview/published file. Sometimes the text is just positioned slightly differently. It’s almost like the text size is larger in the edit view. However, sometimes it all looks the same in the edit view and the published file. This makes it difficult to know how things will appear. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

#302037 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    337 pts
    @ssneg

Hi, welcome to the forums!

First of all, check for two things:
    1. Is your browser zoom factor set to 100%?
    2. Is your computer DPI set to 100%? (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html)

Then, what browser are you viewing it in? Old browsers might render the content differently.

Finally, you might find it more productive to just resize the text boxes to give text a bit more space to fit rather then trying to figure out the browser quirks. At least this is what I usually do 🙂

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #302038 Score: 0
    Elizabeth Bruner
    @ebruner3016

Yes, both are set to 100%. I’m using Chrome to view, but it’s the editor that’s the strange part. I don’t see why the text would appear larger (not smaller) in the editor than in the published or preview screens.

This is a training created by someone else that I’ve inherited, so I’m trying to avoid making needless corrections.

I had issues with a new computer on Windows 10, and messing with the display settings helped that. However, now I’m back on my Windows 7 machine (Publisher wasn’t working that well on 10). Thanks for the suggestions and links. If you have any other advice I’d love to have it. I attached screenshots for you.

#302065 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    53 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi Elizabeth,

You said that you inherited the title, so I’m wondering if perhaps some of the text boxes are set to use a font that is not installed on your system, so it’s doing its best to substitute and looks different when published? Just guessing here. If that’s not the issue, would you be willing to share the title? I’m running Windows 7 too and would be happy to take a look at it.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #302069 Score: 0
    Elizabeth Bruner
    @ebruner3016

That’s a definite possibility. I hadn’t thought of that. I can’t share the title – it’s proprietary material and I have a nondisclosure agreement. Thanks for trying to help, though!

#302411 Score: 0
    Elizabeth Bruner
    @ebruner3016

Related to this, I just added a new text box on top of a screenshot to cover over some incorrect text. The new text box appears in the correct place in edit mode, but again is out of place in preview mode. Any ideas on a possible solution? TIA!

Attachments:
    #308329 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Nick Powell
    Nick Powell
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    @npowell9105

I have had this same issue ever since I started using Lectora… especially when you set Header tags <H1>… A title I’m working on at the moment is giving me the same issue. Screenshots attached… editor.jpg is from Lectora, browserIE.jpg is from Internet Exporer 11 and browserChrome is from Google Chrome. There is a big difference between the H1 tags from editor to browser. Not so big a difference with the H2… between the two browsers there is only a shift to the left a couple of pixels from IE to Chrome.

#318507 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Spoony
    Spoony
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Spoony

Hello, I have the same problem with Lectora Publisher 16.1.1 (10553).

I have attached a screenshot of the “Edit mode” where everything looks great.
    The other screenshot shows the “Run Mode” where the text is misaligned. The published EXE file looks the same.
    The title itself is also attached.

These screenshots are made from a new title created by Lectora 16. I have only inserted a PNG graphics and the text.
    We have seen this difference on 2 PC’s. The published EXE file was tested on several PC’s with different operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) – the problem was always the same.

#318623 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    146 pts
    @Klaatu

Spoony, if you want to go with that size and use a image for the background you should probably just add the text to the image.

#318625 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    67 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Actually related to this issue i run into a similar one recently. Text really changing position in different browsers.
    In IE the position is as should be…in Chrome its at least 50 px lower. Gonna do some more tests to pinpoint the exact problem.

#318626 Score: 0
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    67 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Tested it both in Publisher and Inspire.. v 16.02 and v 16.1.1 and in Chrome and Firefox text previews on a different vertical position then in IE. Will test some more…

#318627 Score: 0
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    67 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Just retested it with plain unformatted textfields, no CSS or JS targetting those textfields. In my previous tests CSS and JS involved…. textfields changed by JS. So i guess that combo somehow is causing the crossbrowser differences.
    Continuing tests…

#332995 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Spoony
    Spoony
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Spoony

Still the same problem with v16.2.2 …

#335778 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Mkia
    Mkia
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    advanced
    curious george
    3 pts
    @Mkia

Hi, I also have the same problem with Lectora 16.2.2. The text is not in the same place in edit, run and preview mode. It is kind of annoying since I have to figure out how to position the text so it’s on the “right” place in preview mode.

I’ve tried the eLearning Brothers template and it happens there as well…

Is there any solution..workaround to this other than checking out how much the text drops and then putting it up in edit mode so it becomes just right in preview? ….:)

#339370 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Spoony
    Spoony
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Spoony

By the way, still the same problem with v17.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.