Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Turn off Sync Events?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    10 pts
    @smiller7502

TL;DR: Once an audio cut has been synced to events, is it possible to stop syncing it to events?

Long story: We have source code for a course developed in Lectora by a vendor. Most of the audio cuts are synced to events, but only so the Next button in the course becomes active when the audio is done. (I don’t know whether the “On Done Playing” trigger wasn’t available in Lectora at the time or the vendor had some other reason for doing it this way or didn’t know better or what, but there it is.)

Trouble is, when we bring that course up in Lectora 16 or 17, pages with those audio cuts on them do not load — no background image, no buttons, no audio, only the unformatted contents of text blocks preceded by “undefined”.  Turns out that what’s undefined is the “on done playing” event they synced to. (Don’t know why, don’t know how, but there it is.)

If I save a cut, delete it from the slide, re-insert it and add an “On Done Playing” action, everything is fine. But I have almost 40 such cuts in this course, so if anybody has a quicker solution I’d be grateful.

#353916 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    67 pts
    @mnotermans5114
    1. Duplicate your awt.file
    2. Change .awt to .xml
    3.  Open that xml file in a texteditor you prefer, i use Sublime Text
    4.  Make sure you know what you are looking for… a specific tag or description in the xml.. You can doublecheck that by changing 1 page as needed… compare that page with the original one… both reading the awt as xml in a texteditor.
    5. If you know what to change, go ahead and change all of it on the pages in your project
    6. Change the .xml back to .awt and open that in Lectora and if you fixed all properly its done
    7. If you made mistakes, well thats why you duplicated the file 😉
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.