Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers Unable to create new variables

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christina Metzler
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

Hello,

For some reason I am unable to create new variables in Lectora Online. The variable box pops-up and allows me to click Add, and then enter a new variable name, but OK does nothing, I can’t save anything. And then when I look at the Variables again, apparently new, default numbered variables are being created, like Variable1, Variable2, etc…

#346054 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    11 pts
    @wheels

Hello Christina,

If the add button is enabled and you can type in a variable name then you should be able to create a variable!  Does it work with simple names?  Did you try different browsers? Are you in a shared title, do you have a checkout?  Those are a few things I would wonder.  If you can send your scenario, a screenshot, and the answers to those questions to support we will take a look.  Thank you very much for reporting this, and very sorry for the inconvenience.

Joe

#346061 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Christina Metzler
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

Hi, yeah, something is wonky. It’s checked out to me, tried both IE and Chrome. I can click Add, I can type a name, I can click OK, but then I get the message asking if I want to save, I click yes but nothing happens. I have to click Cancel to close out the panel. Every time I try this, a new default numerical variable appears in the list. I’ve emailed Trivantis, but I thought I’d leave a question here in case I wasn’t the only one experiencing this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.