Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Video control when publishing Offline (Inspire 17)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christina Metzler
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

I’m using Inspire 17, and publishing to Offline for a stand-alone disc. I have a .mp4 in a page. I want the video to stop at the end, as opposed to auto-rewinding. It seems no matter how I try to accomplish this it does not work. I have tried syncing events, adding an action to the video, and pointing to a group action from a synced event. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
    Metz

#377253 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lazaro Perez
    Lazaro Perez
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    advanced
    27 pts
    @sirwise23

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Do you want it to stop at the end because there is a frame that you want it to continue showing?

Is this something you can do by putting a pause command on the last second or two of the video?

#377255 Score: 0
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

Hi Lazaro, at the end of the video, the lectora video controller auto-rewinds back to the beginning of the video. I don’t see any settings to turn that off. We happen to have a blank white screen there, which we can fix, but I was trying to control the mp4 from Inspire instead. At different intervals I added an Event Stop, a Pause, and a goTo another page, actions, and none of them worked. At the end of the video, it just auto-rewinds back to the beginning.

I noticed when publishing for Offline, there is a blue colored text message in the publishing data pane that says something like Synch Events only work in IE?

#377257 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    218 pts
    @timk

I just tested events in a mp4-video published to offline and it seems to work alright… I could show another element, as well as pause or stop the video.

Can you share either the course or the video?

#377259 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    218 pts
    @timk

Sometimes events are skipped if they are very close to the end of the video. To avoid this I usually show a screenshot of the last frame in the video, On: Done playing.

#377261 Score: 0
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

Did you play your mp4 from the beginning with out interruption? The pause and stop events WOULD work if I buffered over to the spot, and didn’t play from the beginning. The link to another page never worked. The mp4 is 191MB. When I tried to remove or add an Event, Inspire crashed several times in a row. I had to delete the video and re-import to try a different event. I wondered if the size had something to do with it? To load and save the events took probably 5 minutes. I haven’t tried a smaller file size to test.

#377264 Score: 0
    Christina Metzler
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @cmetzler2560

Tim, thank you, I was adding the events to pause or stop only 1 to 2 seconds before the video ended. I tried your suggestion, and added an event to hide the screen shot on play. Seems to work! Previously, I tried the action On Done, Stop the video, but that wasn’t working. Should it be?

#377288 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    218 pts
    @timk

I think for your purpose “Stop” is not suitable, as Stop means “Go to beginning and Pause”. On: Done playing actions are run when the videos stops due to the end of the file, so “On: Done playing > Stop video” is double = Stop the video when it stops at the end.   If you didn’t want to show an image you’d have to Pause the video. Many of the videos I’m using have music in them, so I can’t pause the video before the end as this would interrupt the music as well. By showing the image on top, the video can play on behind it and stop. This is better anyway in case a user wants to replay the file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.