Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Video Missing Plug-In

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advanced
    contributor
    testimonial writer
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @cpaxton

Help…I using V16.2.2 and receiving a “Missing Plug” in when published.  I’ve used this before with no issue, so not sure what I’m doing wrong.  I looked at previous comments and the only thing I saw was checking the boxes for Audio to MP3 and Video to MP4 under “Compress & Convert” which I’m doing already.

Thank you!

#350395 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Checking the “convert to mp4” does nothing for you because there is nothing to convert in this course. You are using a Flash-based player to play a “Windows Media Services” streaming video from http://video66.phillips66.net. Since that video isn’t a file but rather a data stream from a remote location, there is no way to convert it to MP4.

As long as you use the “windows media services” type for your video player, browsers will not be happy about it. It is a dying format and some forward-thinking browsers (like Google Chrome) are already deprecating it. E.g. when I launched your course in Chrome, I got “plugin not supported”.

#350493 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advanced
    contributor
    testimonial writer
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @cpaxton

So if I’m reading this correctly??? I need to change it to a Flash Streaming Video and then uncheck those boxes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.