Explore the community Forums Announcements Trivantis Updates Welcome to the Community!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

Community Member,

Thanks for joining the Community!  My name is Jennifer Valley and I’m the Community Manager. This site was built to help encourage learning, sharing and networking with Trivantis product users.  To start please feel free to introduce yourself below and don’t forget to update your profile. Everyone likes to see who they’re talking to!

Then start exploring the site.  Here are a couple options:

• Learn Something New – Feel empowered and informed as you browse the hundreds of articles and videos to get you started
    • View/Share a Course – Get inspired as you see what other Lectora users have created and then share your own course as inspiration
    • Answer/Ask a Question – Ask for help from fellow members and Trivantis employees or ask the opinion of esteemed colleagues
    • Join a Group/Start a Group – Connect with users in your company, business sector, state, region, or country to discuss trends, development standards, and schedule meetups

We welcome your feedback on the site as we continue to make the community a place that will empower inspiring learning. I also do tours if you’d like to introduce the Community to your team or company. Please feel free to send me a private or public message at any time.

Jennie

Community Manager

This post has received 7 votes up.
    #302763 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Edward Bill
    Edward Bill
    @ebill6271

Hello,

My name is Edward. I’m currently evaluating a copy of Lectora Inspire 16. Computer version.  I have done a lot of training design and development work but most has been Instructor Led. So, I’m just a newbie at the e-Learning thing.

While playing with the “Let’s Cook” sample course, I noticed that the intro plays but I cannot get it to stop. No clicks provide an advance to the next page. It could be that this was designed for tablet or phone use only. But since I’m new at it, I am assuming it’s something simple I’m missing.

So, if you could help me understand this I’d really appreciate it. Most areas of the interface seem pretty easy to use, but I’m not yet familiar with all the interactions.

So far, I am enjoying the software. I used MadCap Flare regularly for Technical Writing. The interface has some similarity which I like.

Have a great weekend and hope to hear from you soon.

Edward

#302801 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    47 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi Edward,

Welcome to the community! It sounds to me like you have the old version of the Let’s Cook title. (If there is music at the beginning, then that is definitely the old version.) I was going to send you a link to the newer version, but unfortunately we’re having issues uploading it to the site at the moment. If you care to send me your email address via private message, I would be happy to send it to you via WeTransfer. To send a private message, click on my name to open my user profile. On top of the sheep graphic you will see a blue bar that says Follow and …  Mouse over the … and you should get a short menu that shows the Private Message option.

Wendy

#304215 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Laura Gillenwater
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    3 pts
    @tecocat

I love having this community site and have gotten so much helpful info here from both Trivantis folks and just “regular” Lectora users (like I am), BUT I find this site SO confusing/difficult to use! For example (and I know I’ve done this before, but I can’t remember how), how can I follow and/or “friend” a particular person here? I went to his profile, but I didn’t see any kind of “Follow” button or “Friend” button. Maybe it’s staring me in the face and I’ll feel stupid when you tell me, but I’ll take that risk, lol! 😉

Also, in IE11, the button for “liking” a post (to say that it was helpful and put the green ring around it) doesn’t show at all and in Chrome, it shows, but the icon is just a box (I thought it used to show a thumbs-up, but it doesn’t seem to anymore. I also can’t type reliably in this forum using IE11…it’s like it only sees some of my key strokes. I have to use Chrome to be able to type normally here.

Thanks for any help!
    Laura

#304257 Score: 1
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

We’re so glad to have you Laura (@tecocat)!  To add a friend or begin following someone you navigate to their profile and select the Friend and Follow options from the blue drop down menu (attaching a picture).  If the option isn’t there it means your already friends or following that member. I’ve notified the development team of the like button not showing in forums for people on IE.  Hopefully we’ll find a resolution soon.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #304270 Score: 1
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    3 pts
    @tecocat

Really odd…today I saw the Follow button on that person’s profile page, but I *swear* it wasn’t there yesterday!

At any rate, I guess I’m all set…unless those buttons disappear again! 😉

#304273 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

If it does, can you send me a screenshot with information on what browser and version your using to jennifer.valley@trivantis.com?  I’d be happy to have our development team look at it.

#304884 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Alexis Scott
    Alexis Scott
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    Group Member
    entry
    entry
    curious george
    2 pts
    @ascott7223

Hi there! My name is Alexis and my company  just purchased Lectora Inspire. I’m hoping to jump right in and learn a lot from the knowledgeable people here. I can’t wait to get to know all of you!

#304885 Score: 0
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    3 pts
    @tecocat

Welcome, Alexis!

I started to send you a reply to your question about how to do that interactivity you were talking about (clicking on the three items before the Next button activates, etc.) but I realized it was going to be a looooong message and I had been working all day on Sunday and it was late and I needed to shut down for the day. Bottom line, though, is that you need to investigate actions and variables. Not sure how much you already know about variables, so not sure how much detail you need for a helpful response. Of course, by now, I’m sure that one of the “regulars” here has probably already stepped in with a response….

One other thing I wanted to let you know… If you’re interested in joining a free Lectora user group that meets online quarterly, I chair the New England Lectora User Group (NELUG) and we’re always happy to have new members (you don’t actually have to be from New England to join). Our next meeting is coming up very soon (Wednesday, Feb. 17, from 4-6 ET), so, if you’re interested, go to our website (nelectorausers.com) and click the link on the left side to join NELUG. Then, when I send out the “Time to Register!” email later this week, you’ll be on distribution and can go back to our site and register for our next meeting (if you’re free and interested).

Enjoy your new tool and hope to see you on the NELUG membership list soon! 🙂

Laura

#304886 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome Alexis!  My name is Jennifer Valley and I’m the Community Manager.  I’m here for you to answer questions, provide feedback to on the site and your experience, help you around the site and just assist in your growth as a Trivantis product user.  You can send me a message at any time and I’d be happy to help you in any way I can.  To send a message to a user simply click on their profile picture and select private message from the drop down in the header.

Feel free to check out our resources over on the Knowledge Base.  We have videos, articles and webinar about various topics that will help speed up your knowledge on our products.  You can also take a look at what other people are creating as well as download how to and sample courses created by the wonderful people at Trivantis.  If you get stuck feel free to head on over to the Connect area to ask questions.  Someone from Trivantis or another member will assist you. When your feeling up to it take a look at our contest series.  Every two weeks we post a new “theme” for you to create and share a course about.  It’s a great way to play around with the tool and gives you sample courses that could count towards professional development or your personal portfolio.

#304896 Score: 0
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    47 pts
    @wendymiller

Welcome to the Community, Alexis! If you are new to Lectora, I highly recommend checking out the Share section where you can download tons of examples that you can dig into and pick apart to understand how they work. When I was first learning to use Lectora, hands-on examples were my best teacher! There’s tons of great stuff in the Knowledge Base too. And of course, lot’s of great people here to help with specific questions. We look forward to getting to know you too! 🙂

#307266 Score: 1
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    91 pts
    @jvalley4735

Coming soon…badges!

#307278 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Stephanie Ivec
    Stephanie Ivec
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    entry
    29 pts
    @stephanie.ivec

Hi I’m Steph! Welcome to the Trivantis Community. We can’t wait to get to know you all.

#308113 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Alexis Scott
    Alexis Scott
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    Group Member
    entry
    entry
    curious george
    2 pts
    @ascott7223

Badges! Exciting!

#308223 Score: 0
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    47 pts
    @wendymiller

Now I know why I got so many messages from this thread yesterday! 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.