Explore the community Forums Announcements Trivantis Updates Welcome to the Community!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Laura Gillenwater
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    4 pts
    @tecocat

Coming soon? Looks like you’ve earned 7 of them already, LOL!

(BTW, when I hover over all but two of your badges, it just displays a solid black call-out. Only two of them show the title of the badge.)

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #308380 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    221 pts
    @timk

Since I’ve been a part of this excellent community for (quite exactly) 8 years, it’s time to say hello 😉

Tim

#308794 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Abby Stafford
    Abby Stafford
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    verified member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @astafford3593

My name is Abby. I’ve been using Lectora for almost a year, and am in the process of implementing CourseMill LMS at my workplace. I absolutely love the Trivantis community. The resources available through this community are fantastic! Thank you Trivantis and contributing members!

#308803 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andy Lockwood
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    10 pts
    @alockwood6897

Hello everyone! I’m Andy.

I’ve been working with Lectora since 2007 (does anyone still remember the lunchbox that the discs were shipped in?) and have loved watching the company, program, and community grow into what it’s become. I’m very excited to see where it is going next.
    I am the chief instructional developer in my office – the only one with any previous experience with Lectora. I laugh every time I am introduced as the resident “expert”, since I’ve been using Lectora for a long time now and I still haven’t figured everything out!
    I have floated in and out of the community over the years, but I love everything being shared and made available here and I’m looking forward to offering up some of my own hard work and advice when I can.

Keep up the great work everybody!

#309109 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advanced
    contributor
    testimonial writer
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    2 pts
    @cpaxton

It is sooo great to see how this community is evolving and changing! I’ve been a user of Lectora since 2007 and a member of the community since that time or the following year! It is a great source of knowledge and help! Love how everyone does what they can to support the product! That make us all succeed!!!

#309110 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    Chrisanna (Chris) Paxton McMillin
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advanced
    contributor
    testimonial writer
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    2 pts
    @cpaxton

I still have a couple of those lunchboxes!!!! And the USB in the surfboard shape!!!

#310053 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Pierre Marshall
    Pierre Marshall
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    @pmarshall1390

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome Jennifer, I guess ill start by telling you that I am a course-ware developer with the Canadian Gov and was previously using Adobe Captivate 6 to render my material but have started using Publisher 11.  I hope to incorporate .swf to Publisher which I think will enhance the experience.

I’m fresh as the morning dew with using Publisher and hope I can lean on some of the more seasoned members of the community to help get me through my development.  With that being said can any one recommend a good story board template they use with Publisher 11?

#314045 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Angela Miller
    Angela Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    advanced
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    @amiller6331

Thanks for posting this information!  Lots of great resources here…much appreciated!

#317212 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dawn Ludwikoski
    Dawn Ludwikoski
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    advanced
    friend finder
    @DawnLudwikoski

I love the badges! Offering badges has encouraged me to log in and spend time taking a look around.  Keep those badges coming 🙂

#317583 Score: 0
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    4 pts
    @tecocat

Where do I go to see which badges I have? I can’t find that anywhere! I can see badges under my picture when I post, but, when I mouse over them to see what they’re for, I just get black boxes (in both Chrome and IE 11), as you can see in the attached image.

For example, I’m curious to see whether I got the Picture Perfect badge because I already have a profile avatar, or whether I do actually have to change the image to get that.

On a separate note, I wanted to download this week’s freebie (the animated progress bar), but, when I checked out the preview, it doesn’t seem to work in IE 11 (my company’s standard browser), although it does work in Chrome.

#317623 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    107 pts
    @jvalley4735

Hey Laura!  You can view your badges at any time by heading over to your profile selecting the three dot/more menu and going to achievements.  Here’s yours: http://community.trivantis.com/members/tecocat/achievements/

If you already have a profile picture I have found that you have to re-upload it.  The system isn’t recognizing that one is already in place 🙁  I”ll add a note to the community post to warn people. We suspected that might be the case but in testing everything seemed to be fine.

I tested the Fab Freebie in IE 11 and I’m not having any problems. What version of IE are you running? @wendymiller Do you have any suggestions?

#317633 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Hmm… the preview is working fine for me in IE 11 too. My specific version is IE 11.0.960.18163 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. What is it exactly that isn’t working for you in IE 11, Laura? Nothing happens when you click the “year” buttons or what? Have you downloaded the actual file and tried to run that in IE 11? I really don’t know what could be preventing you from previewing it at the moment. It is all straight-up Lectora with no additional extensions or anything. 

#317668 Score: 0
    Laura Gillenwater
    contributor
    advanced
    intermediate
    friend finder
    verified member
    advocate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    4 pts
    @tecocat

@wendy and Jennifer – Odd….I’m using IE 11 v. 1.0.960.18314 (so a *slightly* later version than yours, Wendy) and also running Windows 7, 64 bit. And, yes – when I click on the years, nothing happens. (Work fine in Chrome, though.) I guess the problem must be something specific to my installation/machine…I do have some funky stuff going on with my IE sometimes, so I’m just gonna assume that it’s just me…

@Jennifer – Thanks for the info on finding the badges…I always forget about those three dots there! I also think I would have been looking for the word “badges,” but I guess “achievements” makes sense, too. One last question…where would I go to see all of the possible badges that are out there?

#317669 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    107 pts
    @jvalley4735

You can see the full list here: http://community.trivantis.com/badges/

#318775 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Laurie Taylor
    Laurie Taylor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    lab member
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    wise owl
    advanced
    LUC17 Attendee
    @ltaylor

Jennie – It was great to meet you at the LUC.  I am learning lots from the Community!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.