Explore the community Forums Announcements Trivantis Updates Welcome to the Community!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Laurie Taylor
    Laurie Taylor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    lab member
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    wise owl
    advanced
    @ltaylor

Andy – Great to meet you!  I still have a (McDonald’s yellow) lunchbox!!!!

#323807 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kris Coleman-Haas
    Kris Coleman-Haas
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    advanced
    friend finder
    curious george
    @kcolemanhaas3168

Greetings all,

My name is Kris and I’m a Clinical Nurse Educator at a hospital in Northern California.  Our hospital recently started using Lectora as a way to augment our eLearnings and upgrade them from the passé powerpoints loaded into our LMS with a multiple choice post test.  I’ve just completed my first Lectora title and was able to incorporate some really great interactivity for our nurses.  Not only are they able to learn the content, but they are able to apply it in a case study that builds throughout the course.  Very exciting stuff!  I’m very new at the creation of elearnings, as my primary role had previously always been as a nurse. Now that I’m stepping into the world of creating the education for nurses, it is exciting, quite new, and nauseating – all at the same time!  I’m looking forward to reading tips, tricks, and soaking up as much information as I can from those of you who have been using software like this for a while.  It’s going to take me a while to get all of the computer lingo down, but I figured that if I can survive nursing school, I can survive anything!

#323812 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    98 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome Kris!  We’re glad to have you 🙂

#325839 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Will Hall
    Will Hall
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    lectora beginner
    advanced
    verified member
    2 pts
    @whall6215

Hi everyone,

My name is Will and I work at ITC Learning, the Australia reseller for Lectora. I’ve been developing eLearning using all versions of Lectora (vX through v16, plus Online) for almost 3 years, and providing Lectora training and support here in Australia.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #325849 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    51 pts
    @wendymiller

Welcome, Will! Glad to see more of our friends in Australia here!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #326051 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    98 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome Will!

#330292 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lazaro Perez
    Lazaro Perez
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    Group Member
    picture perfect
    advanced
    26 pts
    @sirwise23

Out of curiosity, I feel like Trivantis is up there with Apple as far as secrecy goes. Do you guys have a public roadmap that shows what new features may be coming down the line? I know that you don’t want to be held responsible for enhancements that maybe don’t make it, but I think at least a glimpse of what to expect would be very nice for planning ahead…

I still remember developing a bunch of courses back around 2004 and having to build entire menu structures in Javascript, only to have the menu object be released a month after.

#331254 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Laura Silver
    Laura Silver
    junior moderator
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    advanced
    21 pts
    @lsilver

Hi Lazaro,

Thanks for the feedback on roadmap visibility – this is certainly something we’re taking into account and will look into improving in the future.

As you stated, it is always a concern to provide a plan for future development when things can and will change. We’re an Agile development shop, which means we make it a priority to respond to change – whether that comes from customers’ changing requirements, advances in technology, or shifts in the elearning industry.

With that said, every year at our Lectora User Conference, we provide an update on what’s to come for our products, both near and long-term. This generally gets reported to our community of users through our blog. We also regularly hold open betas for Lectora and Lectora Online in advance of major updates so that you have the opportunity to preview and test new features – we promote these directly on the community and in our newsletters.

I’d love to have the opportunity to meet with you briefly to discuss this topic further and get any additional feedback. Let me know and I can contact you directly!

#343938 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Neil Stratford
    Neil Stratford
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    @nstratford6538

Hello Trivantis Community,

My name is Neil Stratford, I’m a instructor and developer at a Electrical Utility company in Canada. I’m pretty new to the entire eLearning industry — previously I did Graphic Design, and originally went to school for Technical and Scientific Illustration. I love incorporating my visual background with such a logical program such as Lectora. Currently I’m using Lectora 16 to create courses. I do testing, course development with SMEs and develop in-house eLearning modules (from start to finish).

So as I was sifting through the forum, I noticed that some people were saying the site is a little confusing. I agree… Finding resources on certain topics has been difficult for me. I’m guessing it’s because I’m so new to this. So I’m starting off my introduction with this question seeing as some older members know this website better then me:

1. Can someone please direct me to a comprehensive guide in creating final assessments (besides the Trivantis video) – something a little more advanced. I’m trying to create a assessment with 3 attempts total for the final assessment (not each question – the entire assessment). These 3 attempts need to be noted in the module, and communicated to the LMS (a guide in LMS would also be greatly appreciated). Any help would be amazing.

Finally, it is nice to meet you all. I welcome discussion, questions, critiques, or even just connecting for the sake of connecting (I’ll add profile content soon). I am glad to be apart of such a fine community, and use such amazing software which allows me to learn something new everyday.

Best regards,

Neil Stratford

#344232 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    98 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome @nstratford6538 ! One of my favorite resources for testing is old Inspiration Wednesday’s.  I’ll provide a link below to there general location so you can browse through the ones available.  I remember “Easily Create Tests & Questions with Lectora” being one that helped me out back when I was new (ish).

Explore the community

#347971 Score: 1
    Profile photo of leapinglizard
    leapinglizard
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    advanced
    Group Member
    1 pt
    @leapinglizard

I’ve worked with Lectora since v. 2 and finished with v. 17 desktop but now work in the Online version.  I’d sure like to have the Online version offer the Action Pane that is available in the desktop versions because it sure would help when we build and have a number of actions on one page.  Also, if there could be an enhancement to the Online version that would allow for resizing the layout without having to resort to using a browser’s sizing options.

#348030 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Daryl Fleary
    Daryl Fleary
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    verified member
    16 pts
    @dfleary

The action pane is already on our list of potential enhancements to evaluate and prioritize for a future release.  We’ll take a look at the zoom/resize feature as well.

Daryl

#348063 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    98 pts
    @jvalley4735

Welcome @leapinglizard !

#349046 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Dombrowski
    Brian Dombrowski
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    advanced
    @bdombrowski4094

Hello All,

My name is Brian. I am an instructional designer with a large healthcare system. I am just becoming familiarized with Lectora Inspire. I look forward to using it and also participating in the Trivantis community.

Brian

#351342 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Janice Wilkins
    Janice Wilkins
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    @jwilkins6101

Hi Jennifer…is the community open to everyone that has a Lectora license.  I have a co-worker who tried to create an account but was denied.  How can we get her set up.

Thanks, Janice

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.