Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

@klaatu, can you SHOW your results? As in “Look, Sergey, here is my L17 content on a server, 3 pages, and here I run Zoom to crawl it and here it says ‘5 pages crawled’, and here when I launch the search.html it can actually find the text in all 5 pages”. Because my exprience is that IT DOES NOT DO THAT.

I repeat, Zoom DOES NOT render pages, whether in spider mode from web or in local mode. So it cannot see any content created in Lectora 17, because the HTML file is empty and all texts are in JS.

For this exact same reason, it will not spider-crawl your title except the one page your point it to, because there are no LINKS in HTML between the pages. All links are generated at run time and they are not HTML links, they are JS functions that would be unrecognizable and inaccessible to a crawler.

I’ve been over this a few times now, so until somebody actually _demonstrates_ how Zoom SE can successfully crawl and index L17/LO courses, I will spend my time in other threads.

#347023 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    120 pts
    @Klaatu

“I will spend my time in other threads.” Sounds like a good idea, Sergey. It’s not worth popping a stitch over. If I have time to work on it I will of course post something. It’s something I find interesting but low on my list of priorities.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.