With Lectora Inspire, you get a copy of Camtasia, a screen recording and video editing tool. With Camtasia you can easily create and edit professional-quality videos. Plus, record mobile video with TechSmith Fuse, a free mobile app.
To use Camtasia and Lectora together:
- Access Camtasia at any time within Lectora by navigating to the Tools menu and selecting Screen Recording.
- Select Record Screen and configure the settings in the Camtasia Recorder.
- When you are finished capturing video, select Save and Edit.
- Save your file to the appropriate location, and you can begin editing your video.
- Once you’re done, select Produce and Share to launch the Production Wizard.
- Select Lectora Output to save the video as a MP4 video file.
- From the Insert menu, select the Video drop down. From the drop down select From File and search for the file on your computer and select Ok to add it to your title.
Once Lectora Inspire is installed on your computer you can also access Snagit at any time by selecting it from your programs.
Please note: Lectora 12 and 16 included Camtasia version 8 while Lectora 17 includes Camtasia version 9. Select the correct link from the options below based on which version you are currently running. Camtasia 9 requires a download of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 separate from your Lectora install.
Here are some short videos from TechSmith, the makers of Camtasia and Snagit, to help get you started:
Record Your Screen
Manage Files and Projects
Camtasia Editor Tour
Use SmartFocus to Zoom and Pan
Basic Video Editing
Working With Callouts
Animate With Visual Properties
Produce and Share Your Video
Record, Edit, Share
Transitions, Annotations, & Behaviors
Animations & Effects
Produce & Share