Last Modified: March 31, 2017
2. The Information We Collect.
Information You Voluntarily Provide:
In addition to the information you voluntarily provide us in connection with your use of the Website (including your use of the products made available on the Website)), we may track your interactions and other correspondences with other users of the Website in message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and any other interactive features (collectively, the “Services”) on the Website that allow you to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or persons (“post”) content or materials (collectively “Your Content”) on or through the Website to ensure the proper functioning of the Website. Your Content is posted and transmitted to other users at your own risk and we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share Your Content. Therefore, Trivantis does not and cannot guarantee that Your Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
IP Addresses and “Cookie” Information:
The purpose of collecting this information is to improve the effectiveness of our Website and allows us to compile aggregate and anonymous information about the usage of our Website. Collected information may include, but is not limited to: the web pages you visit, the date and time of your visit, your language preference, demographic information (such as age and gender), and the web browser you use to access our Website.
You acknowledge that Trivantis may use analytics tools, either created by us or obtained from a commercial or third party service, to analyze the information you provide or that we collect from you. You agree that Trivantis may obtain additional information from such third parties or commercial analytics tools and add it to the information we have collected or that you have provided to us.
2. How We Use Your Information
Trivantis uses your information in connection with the Services and other features we provide to you. We may use the information we receive about you in the following ways:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To ensure the safety and security of the Website and to troubleshoot issues with the Website;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and between us and third parties, including for billing and collection;
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us;
- In connection with location features and Services;
- To provide you with Services and/or respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertisements or other content that you see on the Website;
- To make suggestions to you and other users on the website to improve and/or customize your experience;
- To assist us in tailoring product lines, services and Site content to better serve our users;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or Services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide your information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide you with Services, but also allows us to provide you with innovative features and future Services that will be able to use the information we receive about you in new ways.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
We retain the right to disclose your personal information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you;
- To operational service providers, contractors and other third parties, such as those that support operations and activities in connection with our App or training materials;
- To comply with any court order, law, regulation or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, property, interests or rights of Trivantis or others or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Trivantis, our customers or others;
- To investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide your personal information, such as creating a login for our forum or to purchase our products and Services;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your personal information; or
- When you otherwise consent.
Trivantis does not control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how such technologies may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update or correct your personal information that we collect through the Site, please contact us via email at the address shown in the “Contact Us” section available on the Website at http://trivantis.com/send-us-a-message/. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information or making corrections. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. How You Control Your Information
Email Opt Out
From time to time, Trivantis may notify you by email of special promotions, changes to the Site, and/or new products or Service offerings that we think may be of interest to you. If you decide you no longer want to receive emails notifying you of this information, please contact us at the email address or phone numbers listed on our “Contact Us” page available at http://trivantis.com/send-us-a-message/.
If you prefer not to allow us to use “cookies” to collect information, you can disable the cookies by turning them off in your browser, although some areas of the Site may not function properly if you do.
Advertising Opt Out
To learn more about the use of your information for advertising or to choose not to have your information used by any third-party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting https://www.networkadvertising.org/.
You can decline to allow the mobile Site or any mobile applications to access your mobile device’s location, either when you are first asked permission or at any other time by using your mobile device settings and controls. Certain features of our mobile Site and applications may not be accessible to you if you do not share location information.
8. Collection of Children’s Personal Information
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Trivantis does not collect or maintain personal information online from children we actually know at the time of collection are under the age of 13. Should we discover that we have collected personal information online from a child who is under 13, we will promptly delete that personal information. If you have concerns over the collection of children’s personal information on the Site, please contact us at the email address or phone numbers listed in our “Contact Us” page available at http://trivantis.com/send-us-a-message/.
9. Privacy Rights Notice for California Residents
California Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection.
This law also requires website operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different websites when the users use the operator’s website.
Third parties that have content embedded on our Website (such as social networking features) may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Website from a certain IP address. These third parties cannot collect any other personal information from our Website unless you provide it to them directly.
10. Third Parties
The Site may contain links to third party apps or websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices at these third-party apps or websites or their use of your information. As such, we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of such personal information. These measures may include reasonable technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, password, or any other information required for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Your account is personal to you, therefore we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have adopted reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
12. Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Trivantis.