Terms of Service
Last updated May 19, 2015.
Thank you for visiting. Trivantis respects the privacy of all users.
General: The purpose of the Community is to provide a forum for interested users to participate in various Trivantis programs, such as beta programs, user groups, share data, and forums to exchange information and to generally build enthusiasm.
- Acceptance of Terms.
- By requesting information or by registering for events or services, you are agreeing to receive communications from us about Trivantis services, products, offers and promotions. If you wish to be removed from our list, each email we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please follow unsubscribe instructions or send an email to email@example.com, with the email address that you wish to be removed. Alternatively, you may mail your request to the Communications Coordinator, Trivantis Corporation, 311 Elm Street, Suite 200, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, USA.
- Use of Services and Materials.
You agree to adhere to all limitations on dissemination, use and reproduction of any Materials that you download or access from the Services. Unless expressly agreed to by Trivantis in writing elsewhere, Trivantis has no obligation to store any Materials that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through your use of the Services (“Your Content”). You agree that your Account Information will always be complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- The Services and Trivantis Materials, and their selection and arrangement, are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, unfair competition, and other intellectual and proprietary rights (the “Intellectual Property Rights”). Except as expressly provided in the Terms, Trivantis and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied rights to use the Services and Materials.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Services (the “Marks”) are the property of Trivantis or third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior consent of Trivantis or the third party that may own the Marks. Trivantis, Lectora, CourseMill and the Trivantis logo are trademarks of Trivantis Corporation. PowerPoint is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Adobe Presenter is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Articulate Studio Standard is a registered trademark of Articulate Global Inc. All other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Use of Software.
- Any Software that is made available via the Services is the property of Trivantis and its suppliers. If the Software made available via the Services is accompanied by license terms, then use of such Software is governed by the terms of such license agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, or by the license agreement expressly stated on the hyperlinks referenced in the Software. The Software may automatically download and install updates from Trivantis from time to time. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Services and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new Software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Trivantis to deliver these to you with or without your knowledge) as part of your use of the Services.
- User Conduct.
You agree that you, not Trivantis, are entirely responsible for all of Your Content that you distribute, perform, display, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Services (“Make Available”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. You assume all risks associated with use of Your Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Intellectual Property Rights, or have obtained all necessary license(s) and permission(s), to use Your Content in keeping with your use in connection with the Services or as otherwise permitted by the Terms; (ii) you have the rights necessary to grant the license and sublicenses described in the Terms; and (iii) you have received consent from any and all persons depicted in Your Content to use Your Content as set forth in the Terms, including distribution, public display, public performance and reproduction of Your Content.
Trivantis, in its sole discretion, may (but has no obligation to) monitor or review the Services and Materials at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Trivantis shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any of Your Content for any reason (or no reason), including if it violates the Terms or any Law.
- Use of Your Content.
Trivantis does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, you grant Trivantis and any other users, a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display any content that has been published to the following Trivantis public services: Trivantis Forum, eLearning Podcasts, videos, content published to any shared or open view applications.
You have no obligation to provide Trivantis with ideas, suggestions, documentations and/or proposals (“Feedback”). However, if you submit Feedback to Trivantis, while you retain ownership in such Feedback, you hereby grant Trivantis a nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, unlimited license under all of your Intellectual Property Rights to use for any purpose.
- Modifications to Services and Materials.
Trivantis may at any time and from time to time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or Materials, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that Trivantis shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or Materials.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
- THE SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY TRIVANTIS “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TRIVANTIS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (II) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (III) THE QUALITY OF THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR THAT (IV) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TRIVANTIS OR THROUGH OR FROM USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- TRIVANTIS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SERVICES AND YOUR USE OF MATERIALS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. TRIVANTIS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR SIMILAR CODE THAT IS DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM ANY OF THE SERVICES.
- TRIVANTIS DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIALS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKED SITES. TRIVANTIS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES, THEIR MATERIALS OR SERVICES. ANY DEALINGS THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- MANAGERS, HOSTS, PARTICIPANTS, MODERATORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TRIVANTIS SPOKESPERSONS, AND THEIR VIEWS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF TRIVANTIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TRIVANTIS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY RELATED TO USER CONTENT ARISING UNDER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIBEL, PRIVACY, PUBLICITY, OBSCENITY OR OTHER LAWS. TRIVANTIS ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE MISUSE, LOSS, MODIFICATION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY USER CONTENT.
- TRIVANTIS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT OR ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR MATERIALS, EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL TRIVANTIS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR IF TRIVANTIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS. NOTHING IN THE TERMS SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE TRIVANTIS’S LIABILITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF TRIVANTIS OR ITS EMPLOYEES, OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.
- TRIVANTIS’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, WHICHEVER IS LARGER. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF TRIVANTIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION 16 APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Notification of Copyright Infringement.
- Trivantis respects the Intellectual Property Rights of others and expects its users to do the same. Trivantis will respond to clear notices of copyright infringement consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”) and its response to such notices may include removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing content, terminating the accounts of repeat infringers, and/or making good-faith attempts to contact the user who posted the content at issue so that he may, where appropriate, make a counter-notification.
- If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is hosted on the Services, on web sites linked to or from the Services, or in connection with the Services or Materials, please provide, pursuant to the DMCA, written notification via regular mail or via fax (not via e-mail or phone) of claimed copyright infringement to the Trivantis Copyright Agent (contact information below), which must contain all of the following elements:
i. A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed;
ii. A description of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim have been infringed and identification of what content in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing and which you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
iii. A description of where the content that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
iv. Information sufficient to permit Trivantis to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number and e-mail address;
v. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
vi. A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Before you file such a notification, please carefully consider whether or not the use of copyrighted material at issue is protected by the “fair use” doctrine, as you could be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees should you file a takedown notice where there is no infringing use. If you are unsure whether a use of your copyrighted material constitutes infringement, please contact an attorney. In addition, you may wish to consult publicly available reference materials such as those found at www.chillingeffects.org.
- If you believe access to your content was disabled or removed by Trivantis as a result of an improper copyright infringement notice, please provide, pursuant to the DMCA, written notification via regular mail or via fax (not via e-mail or phone) to the Trivantis Copyright Agent (contact information below), which must contain all of the following elements:
i. A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
ii. Identification of the material that was removed from the Services and the location of the Service on which the material appeared before it was removed;
iii. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
iv. Information sufficient to permit Trivantis to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number and e-mail address; and
v. A statement that you consent to jurisdiction of the Federal District court for the district where you reside (or of Hamilton County, Ohio if you reside outside of the United Sates) and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Before you file such a counter-notification, please carefully consider whether or not the use of the copyrighted material at issue is infringing, as you could be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees in the event that a court determines your counter-notification misrepresented that the material was removed by mistake. If you are unsure whether use of the material at issue constitutes infringement, please contact an attorney. In addition, you may wish to consult publicly available reference materials such as those found at www.chillingeffects.org.
d. Trivantis’ Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows by mail:
311 Elm Street, Suite 200
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
By fax: 513.929.0770
By email: info@Trivantis.com
By telephone: (513) 929-0188 The Copyright Agent will not remove content from the Services in response to phone or email notifications regarding allegedly infringing content, since a valid DMCA notice must be signed, under penalty of perjury, by the copyright owner or by a person authorized to act on his or her behalf. Please submit such notifications by fax or ordinary mail only and as further described by this Section. The Copyright Agent should be contacted only if you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and that such infringement is occurring on the Services or on sites linked to or from the Services, or in connection with the Services or Materials. All other inquiries directed to the Copyright Agent will not be responded to. Such inquiries should be made through the feedback procedure referenced in Section 9 or the report abuse procedure referenced in Section 21(h).
- Indemnity and Liability.
You agree to indemnify and hold Trivantis and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, co-branders or other partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or arising out of Your Content, your use of the Services or Materials, your connection to the Services or Materials, the actions of any member of your group, your access to or use of Linked Sites and your connections therewith, any claim that Your Content caused damage to a third party, any dealings between you and any third parties advertising or promoting via the Services or Materials, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another, including any Intellectual Property Rights.