Explore the community › Forums › Lectora Online › Lectora Online Questions & Answers › Help to place HTML5 simulation files in Lectora Online › Reply To: Help to place HTML5 simulation files in Lectora Online
Hi Linda, I haven’t done this in a while, so I’m a bit rusty, but I did document this for myself and will share that with you. Right away, however, I see that you used the filepath “Simulation/index.html”. It’s important that you rename the index file to something different so it doesn’t conflict with the Lectora title index file. I change it to “index2.html”.
These are my steps for placing the HTML5 file. For my title, I placed the file on a popup page and launched it from my lesson page with a button (Display Page in Popup action).
How to Embed HTML5 Files into Lectora Online
- HTML5 is preferred over Flash (mobile compatibility)
- When you have an interactive activity or simulation that requires someone to do something, such as what you might export from Captivate (not a movie!)
- Note: For passive animations or presentations where no user action is involved, use MP4 video.
What (should I prepare)?
- Lectora title and a new page for the video
- Exported HTML5 files in a zipped file
- Folder name =
- Renamed Index.html filename =
- Simulation size or maximum screen size
Ex: 1280 x 800
- Folder name =
- Prep the page
- Change the page size
- Disinherit the background
- Disinherit all objects from the parent
- Import the zipped files
- Only HTML5 files (remove Flash files if you exported both)
- Insert menu > Attachment (drop-down menu arrow) > select Folder (zipped)
- Add a Web Window
- Insert menu > Web Window
- From Window Source, select Local Web-based Content
- In File Path field, enter [folder name]/[file name]
- Export SCORM file
- Test with Page Preview (in a browser)
- This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Jan Brooks. Reason: removed html heading code