Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Clickable media element? Reply To: Clickable media element?

#363594 Score: 0
Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
Jason Dalrymple
beginner
intermediate
wise owl
curious george
contributor
friend finder
advanced
picture perfect
54 pts
@JasonADal

@klaatu – It’s very close. The only issue with this is that it disables all of the buttons on the player, including the volume button and time rail. I did try putting the pointer-events on the buttons themselves with no luck. Out of curiosity, does order matter in style sheets? My hunch is no, so I hadn’t tried adding it above the display: none for each button.

I still find it interesting that the same attribute for the Closed captions button completely removes it from visibility, clickability and the tab order.

@jvalley4735 – Thanks for the article! I’ll have to test it out and see what I come up with. Part of what I think I was missing was creating the sprite sheet with my custom icons. Having the CSS file there will definitely help out! One thing I noticed is that you can sort of use a custom skin even with Web Accessibility turned on – If you turn it off and choose one of the other skins, it retains the skin you choose with web accessibility turned off.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple Jason Dalrymple. Reason: added a response to Jennifer