Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Clickable media element? Reply To: Clickable media element?

#364448 Score: 0
Profile photo of Wendy Miller
Wendy Miller
beginner
intermediate
contributor
advanced
friend finder
junior moderator
wise owl
verified member
55 pts
@wendymiller

Hi Jason,

Have you made any more progress? I haven’t had a ton of time to dig into this, but I was able to fix a couple of issues anyhow.

I was able to get the blue background to extend beyond the mute button by adding padding-right: 12px; to the div[id^=”audio”] .mejs-container .mejs-controls element at the top of the file.

And I fixed an issue with the placement of the unmute button. It just needed to have top and left set like the mute button does. There were a couple of small syntax issues that may have been affecting things in some browsers too.

I’m not seeing the issue of the play button image being offset. I’ve run it in Chrome, FireFox, and IE, and they all look good to me.

As for adding a replay button, I don’t think you’ll be able to do that via CSS since it doesn’t appear to already be a part of the player. But you might be able to fake it with a button next to the player.

I have not tried to expand the “media element” to the width of the player yet. It appears to have multiple parts, so I’m thinking that there will likely be several elements that need to be expanded somehow. I hope to get more time to mess around with this tomorrow or later in the week depending… I’m attaching my current edited version of the skin, if it helps at all.