Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Getting items in dropdown box from file Reply To: Getting items in dropdown box from file

#372726 Score: 0
Profile photo of Andrew Lian
Andrew Lian
beginner
intermediate
friend finder
advanced
contributor
wise owl
curious george
12 pts
@mlapl1

Thank you both for your suggestions.

What I would like to do is to populate a dropdown box with information stored in  an external file linked to the title.

I guess I could write the whole thing in JS but would prefer to stick to the Lectora dropdown box if possible (but I suspect it is not possible). I am in the process of creating some Lectora templates which would be compiled only once but would run many different lessons by importing different data from embedded JS files (at this stage – soon will draw on a mysql database). One problem I have is that the number of questions will vary from lesson to lesson and at the moment I have to set an upper limit (e.g. 50 questions) and produce some kind of error message if there are fewer than 50 questions e.g. if there are only 30 questions but the student requests lesson 35 s/he would receive some kind of message saying that this question does not exist (or whatever).

Hope this makes sense.