Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Launching local content without Lectora editor Reply To: Launching local content without Lectora editor

#386442 Score: 0
Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
Zachary Liquorman
beginner
intermediate
friend finder
curious george
wise owl
contributor
picture perfect
8 pts
@zliquorman1276

Unless I’m missing something from the OP, this is already possible.

From within the Lectora editor, under the Publish drop-down menu, you can select “offline”. In the Publish for Offline Use dialogue box, you can choose to create a zip or an executable file. Once done publishing you can access the content by running the executable. I can’t tell you what it looks like when running the .exe though, because I’m behind a strict server policy that prevents .exe’s from being run without an explicit verification process by the IT dept, but it appears to be a JS-based .exe which is likely the same framework ReviewLink uses to display content (i.e. it should look the same by running the .exe as in ReviewLink sans the comments window, which is the same as what it looks like in the Lectora preview mode).

You can just zip the files with the .exe as needed. Publishing directly to the .exe just skips the need to place it in the .zip file manually, it still creates an executable file you can run the content from once extracted.

The only thing I can’t speak to is how it may affect any custom HTML/JS you may have in your content.  I’ve had to re-code custom content because it would run in preview, but not via ReviewLink, but this is more a short-coming of previewing in Lectora since anything you publish is going to be hosted/viewed by external means anyway, so this should be checked for in whatever QA/QC process you (hopefully) use!