Explore the community Forums Lectora Web Accessibility Descriptive audio for video Reply To: Descriptive audio for video

#386966 Score: 0
Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
Jason Dalrymple
beginner
intermediate
wise owl
curious george
contributor
friend finder
advanced
picture perfect
54 pts
@JasonADal

Hi Richard – I’ll second Christine’s suggestion. LAUG is a great group, though I have to admit I’ve not been as active as I’d like to be!

That’s a tough ask from the built-in media player, though something that you might consider adding to the suggestion forum. With more and more focus on accessibility, that would be a phenomenal feature.

My thought is that it would take either a custom skin and JavaScript to get it to work with the default player, where the custom skin has a button to toggle the descriptive audio using JavaScript. The player is based on mediaelement.js so you may be able to find something there that addresses this question.

Otherwise, thoughts about multiple audio files, a separate pause button or JavaScript that cause both to pause, and a separate button to mute/unmute the descriptive track.

Now you have me thinking about it, especially with the software simulation courses I’ve developed!