If you’re using the questions in an official “test”, it gets quite a bit more involved. For a test, the feedback runs an action group that:
- Checks the answer (question variable value) and IF it contains the “secondary” correct answer, modifies a custom variable to hold that choice
- Checks the answer (question variable value) and IF it contains the “secondary” correct answer, changes it to the answer selected in question properties
- Processes the question
- Displays a message indicating if the answer was correct or not
If you need a results page for the test, you will need to use a custom results page. Why? Because the built-in results page processes the test and reads the question answers before you have a chance to change them back to what the student ACTUALLY selected. If you change it to what the student answered as part of the group on each question page, the results will be incorrect.
With the custom results page, you:
- Process the test
- Switch the question answers to the one the student actually selected based on the custom variable
- Use a text box or whatever you wish to display as part of the results.
I attached a sample that uses both immediate processing and using a submit button for submitting the answer. There’s also a sample custom results page at the end.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Jason Dalrymple.