Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Using Lectora Inspire to have user submit a question to Stakeholder Reply To: Using Lectora Inspire to have user submit a question to Stakeholder

#399825 Score: 0
Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
Zachary Liquorman
beginner
intermediate
friend finder
curious george
wise owl
contributor
picture perfect
8 pts
@zliquorman1276

Hi Niomi,

The feature to send an email to a specified address with survey/quiz/variable data does not currently work in Lectora Inspire. It stopped working when Lectora stopped supporting a Flash-version of the application (I forget how many versions ago this was). I seem to recall someone from Trivantis mentioned that they’ve intentionally left the button in the Lectora application because they may try to re-address and fix this at some point.

For now though, there are many other methods to transfer survey data.

So, let’s start with the first step: Where is/will your content be hosted? Is it on an LMS? A server run by your company (or rather, your client’s company)? Both? Or will it be hosted on a third-party site separate from you and your client’s servers?

Based on your question, I take it you have simply set up a survey in Lectora that the user will answer? If that’s the case, you’ve already simplified the problem to an extent, because Lectora’s surveys are set in such a way to package the responses to be ready for transfer without any additional work needed from your end.

This is where it gets tricky though. When you’re not working for a client in-house, you still need a programmer/IT person who works with server-side scripting for the client to work with you to set up a data transfer. They can go over options with you, but a CGI will likely be the simplest solution, and they’ll still need to set up a database to collect the information (in all likelihood).

See this topic for more info: https://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/17/ENG/Lectora_Help/Content/5010.html

Most e-learning software, Lectora included, are designed to work easiest when the published content is being hosted by the same group that will be reading/collecting the data, whether it’s on an LMS or your own company’s servers.

Lectora being Javascript-based makes it completely flexible to work with almost any other other situation though (certainly moreso than any other e-learning software I’ve ever seen).

However, all of this usually requires back-end programming experience, and it seems a lot of e-learning designers don’t have this, hence why you’ll likely need to work with someone on the back-end programming team for your client.