Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers Lectora Online Forms to Google Sheets – Additional Values Feature Reply To: Lectora Online Forms to Google Sheets – Additional Values Feature

#402186 Score: 0
Profile photo of SuzanneB
SuzanneB
beginner
intermediate
friend finder
curious george
wise owl
contributor
4 pts
@SuzanneB

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response. In my test file, I copied the variable names right from the Variable Manager to ensure I did not have an uppercase/lowercase or typo error. I have tried using the variable name alone and also using the format VAR(variablename) and neither works. In both cases, the literal is transmitted, not the value.

Also, is there any more detailed information on using Lectora FORMS and sending the information to Google Sheets than exists in the Lectora Online Help?

Specifically, in my test course, I have 20 ENTRY FIELD VALUES plus 3 ADDITIONAL VALUES I am trying to capture in Google Sheets.

• All 23 entry fields/variables have been populated correctly in Lectora.
  • When the form is submitted, only 15 of the 20 entry field data items populate the Google Sheet and only 2 of the Additional Values.
  • The 15 entry fields that transmit do provide the variable VALUE, however the 2 Additional Values items only provide literal data, not values, despite what format is used.
  • Data from the first 3 entry fields consistently transmits correctly. After that, every 3rd, 4th, or 5th item is missed. I found some information in a community post indicating the 15th or 16th field did not transmit, but this is missing a lot more than that.

One of the reasons we purchased Lectora was for the Lectora-to-Google reporting. Over 95% of our customers do NOT have an LMS and we need a reliable way to capture the posttest results from those folks. I must find a reliable resolution to this; I already am almost 3 weeks behind due to the amount of time spent testing and retesting trying to find a resolution to this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am rather at my wits end with this and desperately need help.