Quick question, can you either screenshot or describe what Publish Options you used when you published out these titles that are causing the problem. Testing your title Deb, I did notice the published out standard HTML onto a server that I only run into the problem described on the Chrome browser. In FF and IE11 the captions continued to show.
For a quick test, would you ensure that your Published Options that you have all the checkboxes under “Published Content” unchecked (See attached screenshot). We will be able to provide a code fix to handle this but just wanted to see if doing that, if you see any changes in behavior as I did immediately.