Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Text transitions keep reappearing after move off hotspot Reply To: Text transitions keep reappearing after move off hotspot

#410718 Score: 0
Profile photo of Adam Cain
Adam Cain
beginner
intermediate
picture perfect
wise owl
friend finder
Group Member
curious george
contributor
30 pts
@cainam

The issue is that the actions are set to fire once you’ve clicked/hovered over the button.  So if you hover over something else/click on something else, those actions are still executing.  (i.e., you told it to show up after a second or 2 delay, and so it is still executing that task – the next action to hide doesn’t override that).    Obviously you can have the whole group show up at once instead of a piece at a time to mitigate this, or if you need the delays, inactivate the other buttons you don’t want to execute until all the actions finish, but then you don’t get the ability to immediately switch between the available options without a pause.

I’m not sure how to get around this natively in Lectora – I’m interested if someone has an idea.  But I have a colleague who wanted this type of functionality, and added some javascript to make it work like he wanted it to if you are comfortable with that.