There was an issue with Snagit 2019 that TechSmith identified and resolved. They have provided an updated version to us. Please perform the following steps to install this update.
To resolve the issue with Snagit 2019, please perform the following steps.
- Download the file Snagit_2019_0_1.msi from this location:
- In the Windows Search area (usually lower left of your screen) type in cmd.exe
This should then offer you to open the application: Command Prompt, Desktop app
- Press Enter to launch the application
This will open a command line window. Here you must type the command to change to the directory to where you downloaded the file, usually c:\\Users\yourname\Downloads The usual default location when opening the Command Prompt will be c:\\Users\yourname
- Then type the following command and press Enter after.
Note: you can use cd with 2 dots after to go back up a directory (cd ..)
- Now type the following:
Snagit_2019_0_1.msi /qb TSC_OEM_MODE=”Lectora”
- This will launch the installer. Complete the installation, then launch Lectora, and from the Tools menu, launch SnagIt.
The corrected version of SnagIt 2019 will be included in the next release of Lectora 18, likely early 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.