intermediate
friend finder
wise owl
curious george
contributor
picture perfect
8 pts
@prg1792

I tested a version of my courseware, so this is not necessarily an exhaustive list. I have submitted these to the WCAG team, and got an immediate reply that these would be looked at right away.

Here is what my testing showed…

Keyboard-only:

1. The visual indicators for focus are not visible if the object is on top of another object. The box-shadows draw as the bottom-most layer behind everything else. For a workaround, I used the trivantis-focus.css provided with v17 which includes an outline definition that gives a visual indication of focus.
  2. There is no focus indicator visible for transparent buttons which tend to be on top of other objects (same box-shadow issue as above). To fix, I edited the HTML file to set the opacity of the surrounding DIV to be 1 instead of 0.01. That shows the outline defined in the v17 trivantis-focus.css.
  3. Audio DIV container has tabindex=0 instead of -1. For a workaround, I edited mediaelement-and-player.js line 2439.

Screen Reader:

1. An HTML extension object (custom DIV) is incorrectly written to the top of the HTML instead of with the page objects where it should be. To fix, I edited the HTML file to move the object.

This post has received 2 votes up.